need a wireless router for a macbook

MoxMonkey

Weaksauce
hi everyone, just bought a macbook and need a wireless router to use with it

trying to keep this as cheap as possible without sacrificing quality (best bang for the buck essentially)

so far the linksys wrt54g seems to be the one to get but if anyone has any other suggestions I would love to hear them

Have you got any other computers/laptops?
wrt54g seems a good choice.

I use a WRT54G in my network flashed to the DD-WRT firmware which is awesome.

D-Link DGL4300 is very highly recommended if your budget can manage it. fry's has it on special right now.

D-Link DGL4300 is very highly recommended if your budget can manage it. fry's has it on special right now.

Ok well, first I wanna know if the OP has 802.11n in his new MacBook; it's a very nice speed boost.

I have 802.11n in mine, but g is enough if you're just surfing the net or whatever else, if you're doing PC to PC transfers 802.11n is nice, but I just use my flash drive's anyway.

sorry forgot to mention which wirless it had. it's one of the older slower speed macbooks so most likely only wireless g which is all that i'm looking for. there will be 2 other computers hard wired into the router as well.

also that dlink is about $100 more than the wrt54 so it's a little bit out of what i was wanting to pay :)

Back