Need a weeee bit 'o help.

stryder2720

Supreme [H]ardness
I just built a new system and I'm having some problems with it. I keep getting various BSODs including IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error and a PNF_LIST_CORRUPT error. I checked the PSU w/ my multimeter and it's running fine. With both stocks of ram installed in dual channel mode Prime95 will BSOD on me with one of the errors mentioned above. When I run memtest85+ with both sticks I don't get any errors and I've been running it for 25hrs. If I run with one stick of RAM then Prime95 and memtest run forever w/o any errors and that applies to both sticks in any DIMM slot. With the errors I'm getting I keep thinking it's a memory issue but it runs fine with each stick when installed individually. Any suggestions? This is a fresh XP install and I have tried different drivers.

3800am2 @ stock
2gb DDR2 800 patriot
74 Raptor
Abit NF-M2 nView
using on-board video *shudder*
Xclio 500watt PSU

Also, it's not just Prime making it BSOD it happens whenever it feels like it. :mad:

If some one could remind me where to find the bsod errors I'll post them.

this is a tricky one, getting those kinda errors could mean several things,

-Update your BIOS
-heatsink/fans have been improperly installed, check them and use thermal paste
-Ram problems, change all the latencies to the highesy possible, e.g. instead of 2-2-2-5 try 3-3-3-7 or something like that,
-Check the voltage on the RAM, check the manufacturer for up to date info
-Testing a PSU is far more trickier than most people think, it is not just to test the voltages at any given time, you have to continually check ALL of them, one by one, since you starup your PC, going thru intense CPU activity and when all the drives are spinning. And that is just voltage, u might also try to check the Current which could be a little trickier.

Thanks for the replies! I just ended up not running in dual channel mode and so far so good.

Back