I'm in the process of setting up a vintage 1999 HP Vectra. I'm going to be using to in my living room strictly as an Internet access device, basically Firefox and nothing else. To that end I've stripped it down, I have no background programms running and have eliminated every unnecessary service. The system has a 400Mhz processor and ~160MB of RAM.
Now I am looking for recommendations for an antivirus program that's effective but has as little impact on system resources (especially CPU) as possible. Running linux isn't an option as other family members who'll be using this sytem don't like linux...so for now it's XP Home with SP2.
Now I am looking for recommendations for an antivirus program that's effective but has as little impact on system resources (especially CPU) as possible. Running linux isn't an option as other family members who'll be using this sytem don't like linux...so for now it's XP Home with SP2.