Need A/V Recommendations

Phewl

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
83
I'm looking at AVG's Internet Security, 2 years for $70. What are your thoughts? We have Norton AV 2006, which sucks, so we're looking for a thorough program that uses few resources.
 
NOD32, no doubt.

Low resources, catches everything. No complaints.
 
I'd go with NOD32 if you are BUYING something.

As I3ender already stated- low resources. Pretty flexible. Scans fast.
Great thing is Version 3.0 now has some Spam/Outlook capability and a firewall.
 
If you are considering avg, try avg free edition. I use it and it catches everything for me. I am opposed to buying a a/v yearly subscription, I think that if you buy an a/v you should get free updates for the life of the product, much like you do with windows. So until a good av comes around like that, I'll stick with avg free.
 
AVG Free for antivirus. Antispyware a good browser some common sense and just in case I have spywareblaster and run spybot every once in awhile.
 
I used AVG Free for a very long time, started to get many false alarms, moved to Avast! and never looked back :D
 
Back
Top