need a v-card - can I ?

loki5

n00b
So i caught myself building a new pc around the i7 920 at the expense of helping my friend build his... I have most parts in and now i'm thinking about what v-card to get.. Knowing very well how inflated the market is at this time...

I currently have a Saphire 4870 1GB in my Phenom II 940BE. So i was thinking i dont want to drop $300+ and up with a 5850 or higher card, should i get a another 4870 like this HIS 4870 and then be able to upgrade at some point and at that point CF to my AMD system. Can i CF even though they are two different brands but same everything else?

Anyother recommendations is greatly appreciated.. I dont mind dropping $300.00+ right now, but i just dont think it's worth it, unless there is a good argument for otherwise.

Thanks

Brands dont matter...as long as its the same class card (in your case any 4XXX series will work).

I also say to go CF 4870's...might be a bit old school now a days but they are still kickass...my CF 4890's seriously have ZERO problems running any game...Im talking GTA 4, Crysis, Far Cry 2 at 2048x1536 (CRT FTW!) with max setting in all game above (no AA, at my resolution its not needed ;-) and have no problems or slow down...I think Crysis may dip below 30fps if its total chaos on te screen.

CF 4870's although not quite as fast as my 4890's will still slap any and all games around like a little bitch, and should for atleast a couple more years...until the next generation consoles come out.

Hope this helps!

Back