Need a upgrade from a 3770-K?

Sedriss

Limp Gawd
Hey guys. Been running with a 3770 for the past couple years and I was planning on doing a Monitor and GPU upgrade in the next couple of weeks to 2k. Was thinking though, with jumping up to a higher resolution how much will that impact my CPU? Do I need to upgrade that as well? Thank you.

at stock clock yes.. overclock your chip to at least 4.5ghz and you will be perfect.. I made the jump from 3770K to 6700K and the difference was really noticeable specially at 1080P@120hz. at 2k you will be GPU limited way faster so the high CPU demand will be less, so again just overclock and you will be fine.

Personally I'd overclock your 3770k to ~4.5GHz, and then take the money you were going to spend upgrading it to upgrade your GPU. You'll get a much larger performance increase if you do that.

My intentions are pretty much just that. Grab myself a 980ti. I was just questioning if my 3770 would throw a small bottleneck into the mix if I went to 1440p res? I haven't been keeping up to date with a lot of tech lately ( got a 2 yr old running loose lol ). When I have time I hop in and game. Though I think my system is starting to show some age.

My intentions are pretty much just that. Grab myself a 980ti. I was just questioning if my 3770 would throw a small bottleneck into the mix if I went to 1440p res? I haven't been keeping up to date with a lot of tech lately ( got a 2 yr old running loose lol ). When I have time I hop in and game. Though I think my system is starting to show some age.

Should be fine as long as you OC it like mentioned earlier. 3770k is still pretty recent.

GTA V is known as processor intensive: http://www.techspot.com/review/991-gta-5-pc-benchmarks/page6.html
Even stock it looks fine...

Your GPU is aging, everything else is fine. Get an AIO and clock to 4.2+

Hey guys. Been running with a 3770 for the past couple years and I was planning on doing a Monitor and GPU upgrade in the next couple of weeks to 2k. Was thinking though, with jumping up to a higher resolution how much will that impact my CPU? Do I need to upgrade that as well? Thank you.

Are you going to be playing Ashes of the Singularity? If so, think about getting a CPU with more cores; if not, just uprade the GPU and overclock the CPU. My stock i7-3770S does not bottleneck my pair of Titan X cards.

Are you going to be playing Ashes of the Singularity? If so, think about getting a CPU with more cores; if not, just uprade the GPU and overclock the CPU. My stock i7-3770S does not bottleneck my pair of Titan X cards.
Note going to playing ashes. Mostly the stuff im playing is D3, Siege, and BF4

Hey guys. Reviving this topic from being dead. Still wondering if the options mentioned above were still viable or should I upgrade? Finally did upgrade my monitor. Just waiting on my GPU.

Was gonna pull the trigger and do the upgrade to Windows 10 before the deadline. Plan on doing a reformat and all. Wanted to have all my pieces in line before I did it. Thanks

Hey guys. Reviving this topic from being dead. Still wondering if the options mentioned above were still viable or should I upgrade? Finally did upgrade my monitor. Just waiting on my GPU.

Was gonna pull the trigger and do the upgrade to Windows 10 before the deadline. Plan on doing a reformat and all. Wanted to have all my pieces in line before I did it. Thanks

Get a good cooler and overclock the 3770K. No need for a new CPU once you do that, IMO.

Absolutely no reason to give up the 3770K. Especially if you're willing to delid/and or OC. Most games are GPU bound and you've got a great chip, especially at 4Ghz+.

Then mention you are playing at 4K.. that CPU will overclock badly at 1920x1080 and even we are at a point that with actual GPU power even at 2560x1440 will be a bottleneck. you are playing at 4K so the relevance on CPU are less important.

everything it's exactly the same, overclock the hell out of your 3770K and you will be fine.. Aim 4.5ghz as target and you will be good to go..

Any good suggestions for a cooler? I was looking at the ACLF 240... but I see a lot of horror stories with tubes popping with the AIO's.

Back