Need a suggestion for inexpensive WHITE speakers

defaultluser

[H]F Junkie
I'm looking for a pair of speakers for my kitchen, purely for music playback. Since the acoustics aren't great, I don't need massive quality, but I do want something good. I'd also prefer something white, as that would match the decor (which is why I didn't just splurge and buy another set of AV40s). All the good speakers are black or gray/silver, which doesn't go well with my kitchen.

I'm going to stick the speakers in a niche with about 9" height clearance and 10" depth. I'd like to keep this to around $100, but I'm willing to go slightly higher for a good product.

The m10 setup is a nice suggestion...I'm looking to fit these in an alcove above the sink. But I'm worried about that sub sticking out, and heads/hands bumping into it. Do the speakers on the m10 have protective grilles, or are the cones exposed?

kumquatsrus, the orb speakers are cute (and quite small), but there's virtually no bass. I'm not sure I want to sacrifice that for small size and color :)

Two reasons the A2 won't work for me:

1. This 1-star detailed review here.

2. The volume knob is on the back of the speakers. They will be placed in a tight alcove that won't allow easy access to the volume control.

The second suggestion is nice, but my kitchen is classic, not modern. Black speakers would stick-out less than those things :)

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The m10 setup is a nice suggestion...I'm looking to fit these in an alcove above the sink. But I'm worried about that sub sticking out, and heads/hands bumping into it. Do the speakers on the m10 have protective grilles, or are the cones exposed?

kumquatsrus, the orb speakers are cute (and quite small), but there's virtually no bass. I'm not sure I want to sacrifice that for small size and color :)

cones are exposed

Back