• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a sound card

Keyser0804

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
211
Hi, my brother is getting white noise and distroted sounds from his onboard sound (biostar tforce s939). He wants a new sound card, but I dont know that much about it cause I always use onboard sound. Anyways he plays WoW religously. The only name I am familiar with is creative audigy 2, which is around 80 bucks before shipping. I did a little searching right now, and saw a x-fi for around 120, but is it worth it? Right now he is using headphones, but may get speakers in the future. He wants me to order tonite, so any responses would be appreciated.
 
Thanks for the quick response. Dunno if thats within his budget, but I guess hes gonna hold off untill tomorrow. If anyone has any other suggestions for a 50 sound card please let me know.
 
Chaintech AV-710 is a pretty popular choice with people on budget, it's only 23$ on newegg, but its out of stock right now.
 
av-710 plus headphones = need amp. Anyways, if the X-FI is in his budget, get it. otherwise.. find a used audigy 2 zs or something.
 
ive seen the X-Fi go on sale for $99 pretty recently at local stores around me in AR, but im sure you'd be able to find one for 119 and maybe 109 somewhere so just keep looking, and yes, it is worth it imo too, and tell him that its HEADPHONES where this thing really shines! it makes speakers shine too, but with the CMSS 3D and headphones, its just awsome, so just go for it!
 
I just purchased a X-Fi xtreme card on newegg.com for $102 AR.

I also purchased a Logitech z5500 for $214 at newegg to replace my x530

Hopefully both will sound go in BF2 :D
 
Heck, I have a spare Audigy 2 ZS if you're interested. I just replaced it with an Audigy X-Fi about 3 months ago- I had no problems with it, just decided to replace it.
 
I just installed a used Audigy 2 Zs the other day after only having on board sound and with my New Sennheiser PC150 headphones only one word comes to mind WOW.

It makes one hell of a difference. The first Artillery strike in BF2 had my cowering under the desk :) I got mine on another forum for $45 great investment.

I can only imagine how good the X-fi series is but it was not in my budget :(
 
Back
Top