• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need a socket 423 Pentium 4 2.0 CPU

SeanMcHugh

n00b
Joined
Aug 2, 2005
Messages
6
I'd like to upgrade an old system I have that currently runs a P4 1.3. I'd like to throw a 2 GHZ chip in, but if you have anything faster than my 1.3, let me know...
 
Check out the 423-to-478 adapter, so you can plug in any 400MHz Northwood processor- Pentium4 (available up to 3GHz, in limited quantity) or Celeron. BTW, how much to buy the 1.3 off you?
 
I would give you the 1.3 for the cost of shipping. I need to find a replacement for it first, though... Just putting out feelers to see if I can find a 2 GHz proc.
 
Much appreciated!

Here's a link to get you started. It looks like a small mom-and-pop shop, since one reviewer says he spoke to Ken Stratton himself. Combine that with a P4/Celeron from the forums (example), and you should have a nice upgrade for about $80.

It doesn't come with a heatsink, but I can give you one if you need it- it'll be the least I can do, and I'll be happy to actually pay for the 1.3.

(Edited to make a different suggestion.)
 
Back
Top