• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a SLI capable 1U PSU

CrimandEvil

Dick with a heart of gold
Joined
Oct 22, 2003
Messages
19,670
I'm planning out a custom case and had planned on using a 1U PSU so I need one that can hold up with an SLI system. These two look good to me but I'm not sure if either of them will power an SLI system.
http://store.yahoo.com/rackmountnet/et481uposuef.html
http://store.yahoo.com/rackmountnet/fsp50080bus.html

Specs of the FSP500

Planned hardware to use:
6800Ultras in SLI
Up to four HDs with atleast two in RAID 0+1
DVD Burner and CD burner
four 120mm fans (Panaflo or so)
Two Swiftech MCP650 pumps
Asus SLI board
OCed s939 3200+ (hoping to hit 4000+ speed)
Gig of memory
and maybe two or three PCI cards

I think the FSP500 is going to be the one I'll want to get since it has 48A on the 12v and everything looks good. What do you guys think?
 
From what I see,the fortron will handle your needs, the etasis looks very weak on crossloading for your proposed setup (note the 3.3, +5 and +12 combined cannot exceed exceed 380 watts (for watts that's worth LOL :) ) where the fortron will go to 480. Also I see the fortron is rated at 50C, and I can't tell the rated temp on the Etasis, so I would have to derate it by 25% at least. I've owned fortron products in the past, they are quality PSU's
 
Back
Top