Need a SILENT psu

Frank4d

Gawd
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
715
I have worked really hard to reduce noise in my system by replacing case fans, CPU coolers, and a adding fan controllers. The loudest thing remaining in my case is the PSU. Since my PC is four feet from my bed and runs 24/7, I am looking for a dead silent PSU.

Right now I am considering the Antec Phantom 350. According to various PSU calculators I need about 260W max so it should do. Also considered the Phantom 500, Seasonic S12, NeoHE, and SilenX... but they have fans and I don't trust manufacturer dB claims.

Are there others I should consider?

-------------------------------
ECS PT800CE-A mobo
P4-3.0E
2 sticks x 512MB PC3200 RAM
ATI AIW 9800 Pro AGP
Western Digital WD1600JD SATA
Plextor PX-712A
Vantec Stealth 120mm fan (believe it or not... it is really quiet)
Gigabyte GH-PCU21-VG CPU cooler
Nexus NXP-305 fan controller
Antec Sonata case (original version)
 
Me and my friend have Antec PSUs, they are indeed very close to silent. I have the TP-II and I think my friend has the Smartpower.
 
I went ahead and ordered the Antec Phantom 350 from Monarchcomputer. It doesn't have a fan so I can't bitch about fan noise. I'll let you all know how it turns out.
 
Back
Top