Need a server case.. Thinking about Thermaltake Armor.. Any problems with it?

mpcamer1220

[H]ard|Gawd
Now, from what I have seen.. I love this case.. It looks good, has lots of room and for quite a while now, I have been using Tt's PSUs and love them.. I have recommended Tt cases to friends and family members.. They all love them and I like them too..

Anyway, I need a new case for an Enemy Territory server.. The current case I have is ghetto. Normally I wouldn't care, but I'm going to start hosting 24 people LANs and I want the case to look good. We will have the lans 1-2 time per month starting in December so that gives me some time... My motherboard for it fried about a month ago, so I'm just going to go ahead and get a 939 + maybe a DFI mobo for it.. I'm looking at a 144 Opteron and I want good cooling.

I won't need a cd drive for it, other than to install the os. So iirc, you can fit 3 120mm fans in the front of this beast.. That should be decent airflow right?

Black
http://www.thermaltake.com/images/cases/products/armor/enlargedView/45view.jpg

Silver
http://www.thermaltake.com/images/cases/products/armor/enlargedView/45viewSilver.jpg

I was also thinking about getting one of those Hardcano things, but then I would have to drop one of the front fans and get a smaller one... I think I like the black one better.. What would be a cool color for the fans/cathodes?

I think it is a beautiful case... How bout you? Is it a good buy? Are there any problems with it?

I just got a 24 port switch and another Purepower PSU for it, so I'm a little broke right now :p Plus there is the mobo/processor for the thing... But, 24 people are already signed up and if I did have more money, I would go ahead and get another 24 port switch for the LANs but heh,.. You have to do what you have to do. .

TIA :)

Edit - If you are going to say it's a Stacker knock-off, don't ;) :D

If no optical drives will be in the system, you can get 2 more iCages and have 3 x 120mm intake fans. With that setup, you can fit 9 HDD in the front + 3 HDD in the back.

I really like the Armor. Looks nice, and should have nice airflow. No problems with it that I know of...

Tt Tech said:
If no optical drives will be in the system, you can get 2 more iCages and have 3 x 120mm intake fans. With that setup, you can fit 9 HDD in the front + 3 HDD in the back.

Sweet, thanks for the quick responses guys!

What's wrong with this case? Is it a knock off? Maybe.. How about when all of the case companies started making other colors besides beige? Were all of those knock offs? jw..

And I said no Stacker jokes didn't I? ;) :p

:)

thermale is well known for copying other companies cases / designs.

i loved my stacker, i think it loks better, myself, and the space is unreal - not to mention for a serevr - support for DUAL PSU's (with adapter cable) :)

MrGuvernment said:
:)

thermale is well known for copying other companies cases / designs.

i loved my stacker, i think it loks better, myself, and the space is unreal - not to mention for a serevr - support for DUAL PSU's (with adapter cable) :)

Game server... really won't need dual psus... Plus, I have faith in my Purepower ;) :p

Back