Need a really efficient case that looks cool

neubspeed

Gawd
My Coolermaster Wavemaster isn't cutting anymore and I've tried everything possible to make ventilation better. It's time to burn it and start off fresh. :) I'm dumping my power supply too and getting either the Seasonic 600W or the PCP&C Turbocool 510 SLI. So basically what I want is something that has a contemporary look (like a Coolermaster, freakin' hate those thermaltake ricemobiles), but primarily will have kick ass ventilation for my system (see sig for the heat plant). I'll also be adding a 2nd GTX KO soon so the air flow is really important to me.

I can spend around $220 USD for the case. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, right now I'm looking at the black P180.

I just got a P180, and I can tell you that it kicks all kinds of ass. If 4x120mm fans (front intake, lower chamber, rear exhaust & top exhaust) don't cut the mustard for ventilation, I don't know what does. :D

Thanks to everyone for the replies, that P180 is becoming increasingly more appealing. I'd kill for a black one with a window. But my biggest problem right now is that I need a new power supply instantly for the P180, I wanted a new case first, then maybe next month change the power supply, has anyone used the Modstream with the P180??

CastleBravo said:
I just got a P180, and I can tell you that it kicks all kinds of ass. If 4x120mm fans (front intake, lower chamber, rear exhaust & top exhaust) don't cut the mustard for ventilation, I don't know what does. :D

I agree 100%
I too am a proud owner of a P180. You definately can't go wrong with one.

neubspeed said:
Thanks to everyone for the replies, that P180 is becoming increasingly more appealing. I'd kill for a black one with a window. But my biggest problem right now is that I need a new power supply instantly for the P180, I wanted a new case first, then maybe next month change the power supply, has anyone used the Modstream with the P180??

The Modstream will work in a P180, but you will probably have to replace the lower chamber 120x38mm fan with a 120x25mm fan. And you will have to at least cable tie your wires on the bottom so that they aren't all over the place and wont get in the way of the fan.

Thanks guys, I really needed this. Right now, I'm holding on to my Modstream 520w to save some money, but I'll order a case tomorrow. Here's my take on everyone's feedback:

Antec P180, best overall case - I want a black one with a window :confused: - Or at least a black one lol. Anyone know where I can buy a black one in Canada?

Coolermaster Stacker - great airflow, expansion capabilities but it's freakin' huge and probably wouldn't fit on my desk.

Anything Lian-Li - Looks like nice cases but I've heard there's a problem with my motherboard's chipset cooling system when it's upside down.

Gigabyte Aurora - Great looking case, I'm looking for one in Canada now.

jellyhead said:
Impressive, nice find - very rare to get 2*120 exhaust. Not bad looking either :)

I agree..wicked case..and the review is good too :D

Back