• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a reall fast flash drive

cinohpa

Limp Gawd
Joined
Feb 11, 2007
Messages
288
My use case is as follows:

I have a thin command line only OS I want to boot from a flash drive. When I mean thin, I mean around 50-100MB.

I want a very fast flash drive to minimize boot time.

Space isn't a big deal. I don't really NEED more than 500MB but I could use a big 16gb drive if there wouldn't be a big performance hit for getting a bigger flash drive.

The top priority is RW speed.

Thanks.
 
The Patriot Xporter XT was always regarded as a speedy drive; not sure if it's "top dog" anymore but the price seems to be reasonable and it gets great reviews.

There is also a 4GB version for $4 less, while the 16GB model is $21.99 after rebate.
 
Back
Top