• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a PSU suggestion.

loft

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
258
So I really want a modular psu, and I've heard a lot of pros and cons about them...

My setup:

AMD San Diego 3700+
Asus A8N-SLI
2x XFX 256mb 7800GTX
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum
2x WD Raptor :: Raid 0
2GB Corsair XMS @ 2.5-3-2-6
Sony 52x cdrom
Samsung Lite-On dvd/cd burner

Basically, wondering if there are any that perform better with the mobo I have. I was looking at the Antec line, but they seem to have the most problems with the board I have.

Thanks for any input guys.
 
My first choice would be the Enermax Liberty. Get the highest wattage version that fits your budget.

My second choice would be an OCZ PowerStream or GameXStream PSU.

I don't even think I'd consider the Antec Neo or any other Antec PSU for the matter.
 
Price doesn't matter.

Thanks for the suggestion BurntToast. Funny, my gf goes by 'rawtoast' online O.O
 
BurntToast said:
GameXStream PSU.

You've had a chance to use one already? Cool. I've never even seen an FSP based modular PSU before.
 
The GameXtreme is not a modular supply.

Neither is the Powerstream.
 
for $199, i'd buy a PCP&C. Not a Thermaltake.

Sorry.
 
Bbq said:
for $199, i'd buy a PCP&C. Not a Thermaltake.

Sorry.

you are wright i dont like thermaltake also but its the only modular psu with high power
or get the new silverstone 750w (i just order one) 189$
 
Who needs modular when you can have a psu made to your needs exactly, by one of the best psu makers ever? Need a 4 foot long atx cable? You can probubly get that. Probubly all your molex's on a single strand too.
 
Back
Top