Need a program that does video straight to DVD.

dave343

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been so close to buying a mac for this reason (video straight to a DVD) although I'm looking at the PC more now because I want to be able to play upcoming game titles. If I have to install a codec pack... ok... but I would like the program to primarly to take care of everything. This would be going onto a new computer, so fresh install of Windows.
Can anyone reccomend a program that will allow me to hook up my DV Video Cam and have the program grab the video and stick it straight onto a DVD? (By straight on DVD I mean a format that will play on all DVD players).
As well I'm looking for a simple to use/learn program for creating nice DVD menus. I want to create sub menu's and chapters, but I need the program to integrate the DVD/Video Footage into the Menus without that much pain. This is the primary reason I was looking at getting a mac and if it wern't for the fact that I game alot, I would still probably try a mac for this stuff. Thank's in advance for any suggestions, I'm looking for programs that are fairly easy to use and learn.
I don't want to mess around with screen ratio's and formats, I just want to make DVD's that will play on most if not all dvd players and create really nice DVD menu's to go with. Oh, and chapters.

Why do you need to be able to convert your cam video to the old DVD format? Makes no sence to me. Convert to Xvid or Dvix format (one third the file size, and not interlaced). Xvid will play on PCs, portable media players and Dvix stand alone players. Please explain why you would want to convert to the MPEG2 format, and be specific:(

Why do you need to be able to convert your cam video to the old DVD format? Makes no sence to me. Convert to Xvid or Dvix format (one third the file size, and not interlaced). Xvid will play on PCs, portable media players and Dvix stand alone players. Please explain why you would want to convert to the MPEG2 format, and be specific:(

Probably because he wants to use it in the DVD players that everyone has in their home. There is a reason for standards.

But, since it's been mentioned, what would be the best software for going from Camcorder to DivX? I just bought a DVD Recorder that plays DivX clips.

Back