Need A new Wireless NIC - Opinions?

Looking to buy a new nic and would like to use my PCIeX-1 port since when my current nic card is plugged into my pci slot, it blocks my HD audio port for my front case audio. I am currently using a Netgear WNDR-3700v2 router. I have looked at the DLink Extreme 556(can't quite remember the whole number) and this one has caught my eye also -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo

Any other suggestions with links? I won't go usb.

I'm going to guess your talking about the pcie to pcie adapter? Are they generally all the same and performance will be based on the card put into it?

why not just use a wireless bridge and end up with a Ethernet connection to the PC?

Want it all internal. I don't need a bridge or something else sitting around. Just looking to upgrade my card. Thanks, though.

The cheap TP-Link wifi nic on newegg works great. It supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz, three streams, so up to 450mbit. I have a few and they work well. Also, it is PCIe.

The cheap TP-Link wifi nic on newegg works great. It supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz, three streams, so up to 450mbit. I have a few and they work well. Also, it is PCIe.

i've had very good luck with tp-link. i haven't used their nic's, but i would try them in a heartbeat.

Back