Need a new wireless AP for work

FrEaKy

[H] Movie and TV Show Review Guy
At the campus im at, we are needing "temporary to semi-long term wireless AP's" that dont cost a crap load.

It just needs to be able to handle users coming online and up to 2 SSID's max. Wireless N would be great, but G with a good range is fine.

Any good ones to use?

We just got Unifi. Works great. It's a shame we invested $600 into each access point with Cisco 4 years ago when these do just as good.

Using a mikrotik at the house, so far like it, need to play with it more.

On the UniFi -
Do most of you go with the Pro simultaneous dualband, or just the standard 2.4 Ghz model?

Trying to move away from our hodgepodge of WAP54G's and DAP-2553's

On the UniFi -
Do most of you go with the Pro simultaneous dualband, or just the standard 2.4 Ghz model?

Trying to move away from our hodgepodge of WAP54G's and DAP-2553's

I currently use the standard model. I have three in my attic, turned to the lowest power. perfect connectivity, no silly rebooting, they just work.

I will be installing 12 UAP-Pro's at a clients location this weekend. If they work out really well I may swap mine out for the Pro version.

I put a UniFi on either side of my house, works perfectly -- end to end coverage. One of them is in the garage and I was worried about it being out there in 90+ degree heat (pretty sure a few days it got to 100) and the thing never missed a beat.

I just have the standard unit UniFi's, I'd like to have dual band but the PRO is way overpriced. I didn't go with the long range just because I planned on using multiple units instead of just one.

Unifi's all the way. I pre-wired my house to put up to 3 around for the future. I'm probably just gonna buy one pro and that should do it but we'll see

Back