• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a new video card

JaysMom

n00b
Joined
Jul 14, 2013
Messages
4
Hi,
I'm new to all this and need some advice since I have no clue what I need to buy. The video card on our computer stopped working and I need to get a replacement but I don't know what to get.

This is what my son says we have inside...

VIDEO CARD: SAPPHIRE 100270SR Radeon HD 4850 X2

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

PROCESOR: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor


Can anyone provide a suggestion for a good video card that we can buy? The computer is used for work, movies, internet, and games.

Thank you,
Kara
 
What resolution do you game at (What is your monitor's native resolution?) and what kind of games? That's probably the biggest deciding factor as you don't need much for work, movies, or internet.
 
Need a budget also, just about anything from a 650ti boost or 7850 and up will provide the same or more power than you are accustomed to.
 
What resolution do you game at (What is your monitor's native resolution?) and what kind of games? That's probably the biggest deciding factor as you don't need much for work, movies, or internet.

I think the resolution is 1920×1080. He plays those shooter games, racing, and I think sports.
 
I'm not sure what the budget is, I just need something that works. I looked on google and I see prices from $50 to over $500. I guess we need one that is as good or better then the broken one so budget will depend, I guess.
 
Thank you all so much. My son had a question and I have no idea what he is talking about. He says the motherboard is a pci2.0 and the cards you listed are a pci3.0 and think it won't work. Will it? I have no clue what he means, we talks about this stuff and it's like he is talking another language. I just use the computer my ex was the computer wiz.
 
Thank you all so much. My son had a question and I have no idea what he is talking about. He says the motherboard is a pci2.0 and the cards you listed are a pci3.0 and think it won't work. Will it? I have no clue what he means, we talks about this stuff and it's like he is talking another language. I just use the computer my ex was the computer wiz.

It will. PCI-Express cards that are 3.0 can work on a motherboard that is 2.0 and vice-versa.
 
Back
Top