Need a new video card to drive dual 30" DVI-D

Rhyme

Limp Gawd
Hello,

One of my systems needs a new video card. I have two older Dell 30" monitors. They only have a DVI-D connection.

Can anyone make a recommendation on what NVIDIA card to buy? I have a spare AMD 7970 but it only allows one connection at the highest resolution 2560x1600... and I need it for both monitors!

I'm thinking about picking up a GTX 780 (non TI) but I'm not sure if the DVI ports support dual 30's or not.

Thanks!

Hello,

One of my systems needs a new video card. I have two older Dell 30" monitors. They only have a DVI-D connection.

Can anyone make a recommendation on what NVIDIA card to buy? I have a spare AMD 7970 but it only allows one connection at the highest resolution 2560x1600... and I need it for both monitors!

I'm thinking about picking up a GTX 780 (non TI) but I'm not sure if the DVI ports support dual 30's or not.

Thanks!

If you aren't gaming you can use any Kepler GPU with the reference outputs. That would include enough ports to power 2 DVI-D monitors at 2560x1600.

Of course if you're gaming on one of those monitors, you may want a 780, but if not. Just get whatever Kepler "GTX" level card you want - check the output configuration, though. Most of them are pretty much similar but some of them aren't.

Back