• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a new speaker setup

digilink

Gawd
Joined
Jul 27, 2002
Messages
566
I'm looking to replace my Logitech system which is currently a 5.1 system down to a single pair of speakers. I don't really have the room to set them up the way I want them and I very rarely game anymore.

I was thinking about a nice pair of bookshelf speakers, but I have never used them with a PC setup and wondered if they work well with it? I have an Audigy 2 soundcard, I want to connect the speakers directly to it, could I just put connectors on the speaker wire and plug it into the soundcard?

If anyone has any suggestions as to what kind of speakers to get that would be great, I'm looking to spend no more than $150...........
 
Wow.. So close but so far.

Well since you want bookshelves I was going to recommend the SWAN M200s. However since your price point is 150 (a tad bit low), I am not sure what to recommend.

The issue is, a direct / passive bookshelf speaker still needs amplification. That means you need either a receiver, or an amp to power the bookshelves. This will easily push your budget over 150.

The Active SWAN M200 is a great choice since the amplification is built in and , may be one of the least expensive choices.

Also a cheap sherwood receiver with a pair of polk R15 speakers or Infinity Primus 150 (for $50 a pair or so) on sale would work, but I think you will be over $150
 
For less then 150$ you're really limited. Treyshadow gave some good recommendations, and aside from that just look at normal computer speakers.

Still, the Swan M200 would be what I would consider if I were in your position, no doubts.
 
Back
Top