Need a new RPG...

TwistedAegis

[H]F Junkie
For whatever reason, no games are really holding my attention anymore other than fairly or semi-deep RPGs. Just finished a full playthrough of DA:O and all of its DLC. Big fan of the ME style of RPG/action and the Elder Scrolls as well. For whatever reason, Fallout just doesn't pull me into it that much...I can't put my finger on it, but the quests and character interaction just isn't interesting to me.

If anyone can suggest some RPGs to me that I may have overlooked over the past 5 years or so, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I've heard good things about Vampire the Masquerade and Jade Empire. I bought both of them during the Summer Steam sale and am looking forward to playing them.

I'm guessing you've already played the Witcher 1 and 2?

Nice, Drakensang looks perfect. Would you recommend starting with the first game; also, is the DLC for the 2nd game worth it?

I'm guessing you've already played the Witcher 1 and 2?

Call me a newb, but did not really enjoy TW2's combat system. I've tried 2-3 times to get into it, and just never really did. I also hate the main characters monotone delivery, drives me nuts.

Nice, Drakensang looks perfect. Would you recommend starting with the first game; also, is the DLC for the 2nd game worth it?

River of Time is definitely much better than the original Drakensang. The original is fun, but a bit lower budget. You don't need to play the first to enjoy the second.

The DLC is decent, but I'd look for a sale.

Call me a newb, but did not really enjoy TW2's combat system. I've tried 2-3 times to get into it, and just never really did. I also hate the main characters monotone delivery, drives me nuts.

Holy crap, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think my Witcher 2 on Steam is still under 1 hour total play time. I've tried about 4 times now to play it but I just can't get into it.

River of Time is definitely much better than the original Drakensang. The original is fun, but a bit lower budget. You don't need to play the first to enjoy the second.

The DLC is decent, but I'd look for a sale.

Excellent, thanks for the tip. D/L'ing now.

Heh, just posted this in another thread, but check this out:

http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition
Running on an upgraded and improved version of the Infinity Engine, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition™ includes the entire Baldur's Gate adventure, the Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack, and never-before-seen content including a new adventure and three new party members: the Calishite monk Rasaad yn Bashir, Neera the wild mage, and Dorn Il-Khan, the evil blackguard.

Excellent, thanks for the tip. D/L'ing now.

You'll want to read context menus and explanations (rtfm) for the different skills and attributes. It's a cool ruleset, but different from D&D or Dragon Age. It's pretty faithful to The Dark Eye pnp rules.

Holy crap, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I think my Witcher 2 on Steam is still under 1 hour total play time. I've tried about 4 times now to play it but I just can't get into it.

Playing KB/M or controller? Much better with a controller IMO.

Playing KB/M or controller? Much better with a controller IMO.

KB/M, and yes, it's very clunky and un-intuitive feeling. I don't have an XBoX controller to try with it, but I have seen tutorials on getting the PS3 controller working on PCs. Maybe I will give it a shot this weekend.

lol baldurs gate system req.

Required System Memory (MB) 512 MB
Minimum Graphics GeForce 2 or Equivalent
Processor Speed (GHz) 1 GHZ

i remember when that was a ballin ass computer ^

so many RPGs, but these are the best ones

Vampire bloodlines
daraksang river of time
jade empire
fallout new vegas
morrowind (modded)
fallout 1 and 2 (turn based)
temple of elemental evil + circe of 8 mod (turn based)

Gothic 1, gothic 2, risen, risen 2( very hard but awesome)

Neverwinter nights 2 mask the betrayer (best expansion ever)

alpha protocol (very under rated, very mass effect like)

arcanum- steamworks

divine divinity 1 and 2

ive finished more but it sounds liike you woundnt like them

I'm 3/4 through the first Witcher, and I'm finding it really great. Looks amazing in 3D Vision.

I disliked all the games you liked. And I loved Fallout.

So its safe to say anything I recommend you won't like..........But I'll recommend Dark Souls anyways.

You could try Demon Souls as well, but it's a PS3 exclusive.

Try Borderlands?

Thanks for all the tips. Loved Borderlands, played it quite a bit but it's been a while. I'll wait for the sequel.

Back