Need a New Router (Suggestions?)

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I bought a Netgear router from Newegg about 3 years ago. I am now having some problems with it. It will sometimes reboot itself when I am using the wired and wireless connection together with alot of data traffic through both. (transferring files from PC to PC)
When I first bought the router I only had one WiFi device (My laptop) now I have four WiFi devices (Tablet, Smartphone, Laptop, and a Netgear WG311T G adapter in my Spare computer) I don't use all of the WiFi devices at the same time but sometimes I have 2 WiFi devices connected but I do have alot of wired devices
1. My main Computer
2. AVR
3. Blu-Ray Player
4. Xbox 360
5. My Laptop
6. My Spare computer
(Yes I have a switch its a TRENDnet TEG-S80G

I was thinking about buying a New Netgear WNDR4500-100NAS

is that a decent router I picked when I finally do get another one?

Thanks

Lynksys all the way.

If I had to recomend one of the Linksys either the E3000 or the 3200, 4200 (not as much experience with that one but no issues from the one I set up).

I have a E3000 and an additional switch currently supports with no issues.

Wired:
2 desktop PCs
1 Xbox
1 TiVo
Wirless:
3 Laptops
1 Ipod
1 Kindle
2 Phones

I prefer my Asus but I got it due to the fact that overall it is one of the best on the market. Fastest wireless which means no problems feeding to multiple ROKU's, Game consoles, Smart TV's, etc via wireless with ease.

Asus RT-N66U

klank: The last update was almost 2 years ago. a LOT has changed since then.

koolaidkitten: That needs to be updated also. It's been almost 2 years since the last update but it does still have a lot of useful data. Just needs updating ;)

I prefer my Asus but I got it due to the fact that overall it is one of the best on the market. Fastest wireless which means no problems feeding to multiple ROKU's, Game consoles, Smart TV's, etc via wireless with ease.

Asus RT-N66U

I was also looking at that Asus router I think I will get that router
Thanks

klank: The last update was almost 2 years ago. a LOT has changed since then.

Actually if people would bother reading they would see that there are many many pages of current router recommendations.

Last post 9/3

First of all what is your budget? I personally have been eyeing the asus double black diamond for my brother's house.

Asus gets my vote, I have the N16 running DD-WRT and love the hell outta it

Actually if people would bother reading they would see that there are many many pages of current router recommendations.

Last post 9/3

You are perfectly correct. But the OP stopped updating the 1st message a LONG time ago. Someone should probably create a new thread with all the updated info. Makes it easier when searching for things after all doesn't it?

Back