Need a new mouse

mpegripper

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey Guys,

Its time for a new mouse and I wanted to know your opinion. I currently have the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 which i love, but it is waering out and I know there are more accurate mice out there now. This mouse is the one that is not as tall as the 4.0 version, which is key for me, because if it was more than 1cm taller I would be able to use it on my keyboard tray while it is under the desk.

I wanted to know if you guys know of any good mice that aren't too tall something around the height on my current mouse.

TIA

Edit: Here is a pic of my mouse
http://www.insidemacgames.com/reviews/view.php?ID=239

I just retired my 2.0 intellimouse to the blatant superiority of the logitech mx1000

its slightly larger than the ms mouse, but the feel of it and the way it glides.. plus the precision.. you just cant beat it... (plus wireless with docking station)

thats my recommendation...

edit - shopping around you can get it for $50 (best buy had it on sale for $50 last week)

I also highly recommend the logitech MX series mice, (using the mx700 myself), however if you are constrained to a specific height the new Mighty Mouse from apple is very sleek and low profile. If that's not to your liking, you could always go with another intellimouse 3.0

thanks for the recommendations, maybe i should give the new logitechs a whirl. I tried them about 1.5 years ago and hated the feel.

The apple could be good, but i just can't get myself to buy anything apple, i hate their stuff. My ipod has never worked right and my dad's old laptop (powerbook g4 1.25ghz) is a piece o crap which didn't work for the first 2 months he had it(he needed a SPECIAL patch from apple), which sounds retarded as hell to me, i wasn't involved in it, but that's what he told me.

Any other recommendations?

TIA

The logitech mice are great but they are a bit bigger than the old interllimouse 3.0 so you should head over to a local computer shop and check it out first. I bought my sister a MX500, but returned it shortly after because it was too big for her hand. As for apple hardware, sorry to hear about all your misfortunes however I couldn't be happier with my iPod mini and you seem to be happy with your cinema display :p

Get either a MX518 (all kinds of functionality there, AND it's a lot cheaper than the MX1000, a.k.a. the wireless ones) or another explorer.

I love my explorer, I think it's the 4.0 version though.

yes the mx518 is the best mouse i have ever used, I wrote a review on it a few months ago, i will see if I can drudge it up, but all in all its a very great mouse, lots of buttons, great sensitivity changes on the fly with the buttons near the scroll wheel, friggin awesome stuff, and very very smooth.

I would NEVER go back to a microsoft intellimouse ever again after this baby

I use a mx518 and love it

However, if u are a serious gamer, u may want to consider the New logitech g5 mouse on its way in sept. 200dpi and such. G5 talked about here

Razor has a 200dpi copperhead mouse, but myself, i hate the lack of a ergonomic feel to their mice, and will stick with logitech.

Schmiggy_JK23 said:
I use a mx518 and love it

However, if u are a serious gamer, u may want to consider the New logitech g5 mouse on its way in sept. 200dpi and such.

Razor has a 200dpi copperhead mouse, but myself, i hate the lack of a ergonomic feel to their mice, and will stick with logitech.

200dpi??? I could swear the mx518 is something like 1600dpi, anyway, i'm gonna google this thing, but i'm pretty sure it'll be pretty hard to find as the name is g5.

Thanks Guys

I really like my MX518 on the Func 1030. Very good combo, so much better than my wireless Intellimouse.

BTW, that new Razor mouse, The Copperhead, has 2000 dpi. It look's just like the Razor Diamondback Plasma. It's MSRP is $80 also.

mpegripper said:
200dpi??? I could swear the mx518 is something like 1600dpi, anyway, i'm gonna google this thing, but i'm pretty sure it'll be pretty hard to find as the name is g5.

Thanks Guys

i think he meant 2000dpi

ok, that makes more sense, anyone have linkage to this mouse? i googled logitech g5 and got foreign websites and apple stuff.

TIA

Serious gamer??? People need to stop with that cap... You can't even tell the differences between MX510 and 518, perhaps even MX500

i just personally want something that feels right in my hand and is one of the latest and greatest as I love having the latest and greatest, don't you guys?

that is unless the latest and greatest is something like an extreme edition processor, cuz that's just crazy

I just picked up a logitech mx-518 for 36bucks shipped on buy.com You cant beat that.

so i got my mx518 last night. I would prefer that its a little wider, but its still an awesome mouse. Lovin' it, thanks guys!

more info on the g5... the g series is logitechs new gaming line...

http://www.fscomputer.de/?Category=20463&Article=14460899

14460899.jpg

SS there, and here is the details in pdf http://www.fscomputer.de/Data/Eingabegeraete/14460899.pdf

its in german, be warned...

looks a g5 for me, so who wants my 518? lol

There is a also a g7,
14460905.jpg

which is basically the cordless version of the g5

thank the inquirer.net for the info, and some german chap

Back