Need a new mouse

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
My G9x is on its way out so im looking for a new mouse. Whats the suggestions?

I was looking at the Steelseries Sensei and the Steelseries Sensei wireless as these were the best when i last looked at mice.

No Razer

I used the old silver sensei (which would wear off) on my main gaming rig, still use it on the laptop and more recently a newer black version, they are both pretty similar, they are pretty light if you like that and ambidextrous the buttons are very sensitive and the mouse feels a bit flimsy but it's not a bad mouse.

Currently using 2 corsair Glaives, they are heavier, feel more solid and the buttons are firmer + you get 3 thumbrests thingies so you can choose which one you prefer

Logitech 502 is pretty popular, but I can't stand it, b4 the corsairs I had the 403 which feels a bit more like the Sensei.

Judging from your G9x it is hard for me to say that you would be fond of the sensei since they are relatively narrower. However if you like that flat mouse design go for it. I would in that case go with the SteelSeries Rival 600 that has recently been launched since it has weight adjustment features. True that you won't use these more than once untill you find your prefered balance but I think you will appreciate the rest of the mouse's features and precision. I had it in for test for a few weeks and was only turned off by it being too flat. I prefer a taller mouse for my big hand and palm-grip style.

Judging from your G9x it is hard for me to say that you would be fond of the sensei since they are relatively narrower. However if you like that flat mouse design go for it. I would in that case go with the SteelSeries Rival 600 that has recently been launched since it has weight adjustment features. True that you won't use these more than once untill you find your prefered balance but I think you will appreciate the rest of the mouse's features and precision. I had it in for test for a few weeks and was only turned off by it being too flat. I prefer a taller mouse for my big hand and palm-grip style.
Im kind of leary of anything from steelseries after the Sensei. I feel like the Sensei was the last mouse they made that was high quality. The Rival and new Sensei seem to have issues and it also seems Steelseries had developed a support issue around the same time. I was going to get a Rival 700 when it came out but it was plagued with issues.

Im really open to anything. Ive used a Razer Deathadder without any issues so the shape is no big deal. I didnt get the g9x for a specific reason other then getting the best mouse i could at the time. Im a claw grip person if that helps. Im really open to anything as long as the support is there, its a badass mouse, and its not super flashy RGB the world.

I found the G303 to be a great newer alternative to the G9/G9x. It doesn’t have the removable shell thingy, but I didn’t use that anyway.

Rocket Jump Ninja does great reviews. Yes, Logitech G102, G203 (these two are same mice different region) and G303 are great. Also check out Zowie FK2. If you want this same mouse bigger check out FK1 or FK1+ (wide).

My G9x is on its way out so im looking for a new mouse. Whats the suggestions?

I was looking at the Steelseries Sensei and the Steelseries Sensei wireless as these were the best when i last looked at mice.

No Razer

In general, How do you hold your mouse? There are three general categories, palm, claw, and fingertip grip. Your comfort may be very affected if the design of the mouse does not match your preferred grip.

In general, How do you hold your mouse? There are three general categories, palm, claw, and fingertip grip. Your comfort may be very affected if the design of the mouse does not match your preferred grip.

Answered in post #4 bro...he’s a claw gripper. But what you say is very true. I was a palm grip guy for a long time, but I find most of them to be too large and/or heavy these days.

Answered in post #4 bro...he’s a claw gripper. But what you say is very true. I was a palm grip guy for a long time, but I find most of them to be too large and/or heavy these days.

Oops, my bad, I coulda swore I didn't see a reference to it!

My brother is really loving his Roccat Kone Pure, and he is a claw gripper as well. His does have some RGB though, but you should be able to turn them off if they bother you!

I would like to add to my previous post that the corsair glaive I use on my main gaming PC has started to have issues with the mousewheel, the rubber is no longer sticking to the metal part and as such using it to scroll now only works part of the time anymore, would not recommend anymore at this point as it is still fairly new.

Im not opposed to RGB i just dont want it to be excessive or tacky.

So far i was able to eliminate most of everyones product line down to one so here is what im working with.

Steelseries Rival 700. I just cant let this one go. The features and spec sheet are all phenominal. The only thing i feel its missing is tunable weights but with it being modular i kinda see why they didnt but i still think they could have done it. That tactile feedback is something i dig and the mouse is aesthetically pleasing.
https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

Logitech G903. I was going to do the G900 Chaos Spectrum but it looks like its end of life and this is its replacement. aesthetics are starts to go towards the tacky side but the mouse i feel makes up for it with functionality. Kind of on the high side. I wish they had a wired version as im not going to use wireless and i feel it would drop the price down.
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/product/g903-wireless-gaming-mouse

Zowie. Honestly looking at these mice it looks like Razer makes them or the same people who make Razer makes them. Looking top down side by side you can tell the design is extremely similar and the mouse wheel is the same.

Roccat Kone AIMO. Roccat is ...... different in their aesthetics. Some are flashy and some are not. The styling is borderline for me. I feel like if i had to choose a Roccat that this would be the one but i dont think this would be a top round pick. Maybe 3rd. I do still need to look over their other mice though. So this is a preliminary selection for Roccat.
https://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Mice/

Corsair Glaive RGB. I like the tunable side grips. What is the difference in the regular and aluminum? Im not much of a fan of corsair mice. I feel they are the worst when it comes to tackyness but id i had to choose one it would be this one but even just looking at the features this one i would say its not as good as the Roccat.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...E-RGB-Gaming-Mouse-—-Aluminum/p/CH-9302111-NA

Who else makes good mice?

Logitech CQ38 and M-CQ38: the best mice ever made. I am a low DPI guy with claw/fingertip grip. My suggestion is pay attention to user reviews and feedback for QA issues and early failures. The included software is also important (and if the mouse can completely function without a driver). If you focus more on function over form, you will find yourself drawn to the middle of the road in pricing. Zowie is produced by BenQ and the FK2 is plug and play (no driver). Logitech is well known for their great driver support. I just noticed the G303 was discontinued. :( Edit: The G903 comes with a charging cable so it can also function in wired mode. I wouldn't be put off by design similarities; if you look closely certainly different parts used. Pay attention to weight; the Rival 700 is heavier at 135g. Again, Rocket Jump Ninja.

Last edited:
You can also get the powerplay mouse mat for the G903. It's the best mouse out there, but it's expensive.

You can also get the powerplay mouse mat for the G903. It's the best mouse out there, but it's expensive.

Agree. The G900 is currently my favorite mouse, and traditionally I have always found wireless mice lacking so it's saying something that I'm using this one over anything with a cord. It's that good.

I thought about getting the G903, but that's a lot of money to basically only gain wireless charging. The G900's battery life is pretty incredible considering the performance of the mouse, so I haven't felt the need to spend the money to upgrade yet.

Agree. The G900 is currently my favorite mouse, and traditionally I have always found wireless mice lacking so it's saying something that I'm using this one over anything with a cord. It's that good.

I thought about getting the G903, but that's a lot of money to basically only gain wireless charging. The G900's battery life is pretty incredible considering the performance of the mouse, so I haven't felt the need to spend the money to upgrade yet.

Yeah, you can get away with plugging the 900 in every other night while you sleep and battery life won't be a problem. There really isn't a reason to upgrade. I had the 903 and powerplay on my Christmas list because I couldn't think of anything else. I'm glad I got it but it's hard to justify spending that much so you don't have to manually charge your mouse.

Really starting to think the Logitech G900. The wireless charging i dont want. Ill likely just leave the mouse plugged in 24/7 honestly.

Really starting to think the Logitech G900. The wireless charging i dont want. Ill likely just leave the mouse plugged in 24/7 honestly.

If they're the same price just get the 903. They're exactly the same except for the wireless charging ability.

Corsair Glaive RGB. I like the tunable side grips. What is the difference in the regular and aluminum? Im not much of a fan of corsair mice. I feel they are the worst when it comes to tackyness but id i had to choose one it would be this one but even just looking at the features this one i would say its not as good as the Roccat.
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Mice/MOBA-Strategy-&-Action/GLAIVE-RGB-Gaming-Mouse-—-Aluminum/p/CH-9302111-NA

The aluminum is slightly heavier, but do not ever buy this piece of shit. Bought 2, both of them developed double-click issues within a month. This is a well known defect that plagued 20% of their mice. Corsair quality has gone to shit.

I loved my G9X before as well. Now I've been using Final Mouse for a while and I really like them. (Strong palm gripper)

Back