• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a new media streaming device

JLAW904

n00b
Joined
Jan 7, 2011
Messages
23
I've looked online and I'm having trouble... I want something pretty specific without having to build a HTPC.... I need a media streaming device that will stream from my PC (or Mac). I'm using the Serviio media server.

It needs to have the following:
- .MKV 720p/1080p smooth playback
- Support DTS
- Netflix application

I don't know which players out there these days can do this easily. My logitech Revue has done the job for the most part, but it's a pain to have to convert audio sometimes since it doesn't support DTS. Plus, half of the keyboard stopped working. So I need a new device.

Do any of the newer Roku's do this easily? I had an older Roku with the Rockbox channel and I couldn't get that working, which is why I got the Revue. I was also considering AppleTV but it seems like I'd be forced to use iTunes?
 
Have you looked into the WDTV? I think the WDTV Live or Hub looks like it will do what you need.
 
Back
Top