Need a New Headset!

Nexillus

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello all!

So after 18 months my Diable 3 USB SteelSeries headset mic is now dead :( From googling a bit seems to be a common problem with SteelSeries headsets of the mic randomly dieing after 12 months.

(I have tested the headset in three different comptuers and mic will not pic up any sound)

First I think it is pretty sad for a damn mic to die within 18 months when I have an old logetic $15 headset sitting around still kicking after 5 years.

But now I need I new headset. Don’t really care about price if it is a good quality build. I know the common ones of SteelSeries, Razer, and Turtle Beach. I personally would like to stray away from SteelSeries since mine did die after 18 months unless someone can convenience me otherwise. It seems all three above only have a 1 year warranty.

Thanks for all the feedback!

If you are still looking for a headset, I can give my 2 cents. I have the Razer Tiamat 7.1's. The surround sound works great and the sound is decent but its definitely not for an audiophile. I play a lot of BF4, CS:S, WoW and Tera and the surround sound is quite immersive. Its very noticeable in BF4. I can hear every single thing happening around me. People think I'm hacking because somebody will try to sneak up behind me for a knife kill and I can hear them coming and I end up turning around and shooting them in the face. I'm using onboard sound on the Rampage IV Extreme board in case you're wondering.

Sennheiser, ATH, and Beyerdynamic make some top notch gaming headsets.

Depends on the budget but any Sennheiser over the ear headphone will do great. I would look at the 518 or 558 + a SB Z series sound card. Pretty epic sound for around $200 for the combo.

Depends on the budget but any Sennheiser over the ear headphone will do great. I would look at the 518 or 558 + a SB Z series sound card. Pretty epic sound for around $200 for the combo.

Yeah, it's that simple. If I wasn't interested in electronica music (the 558s don't suck at it, they just aren't great) as well as gaming I would buy the 558s myself. You can get a lower end Xonar card like the DGX (I wouldn't get the DG, that one really is pretty low end) if you don't want to spend that much.

For a mic, get a Blue Snowball or Zalman Zm-Mic1.

Back