• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a new gaming hdd.

hdgamer

Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
816
Currently I own a Vertex 3 for my OS and several hdd's for storage. I'm currently using a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 Tb drive for my games but the drive keeps dropping out once every couple days and I'm getting sick of it. I changed the ports on the motherboard and switched the cable and only way I can get the computer to recognize it is if I jiggle the sata cable connected to the back of the hdd. So I'm assuming that the connector has some kind of short in it? Anyways what's a good cheap solution for a replacement? I do love this drive but don't want the same issue to pop up again.
 
I do love this drive but don't want the same issue to pop up again.

Is the connector loose?

Anyways what's a good cheap solution for a replacement?

WDC Black, Samsung F3 or Hitachi 7K3000 or Velociraptor 300 or 600.
 
Last edited:
Nah connector isn't loose it clicks when I insert it. I will try the Hitachi or WD Black. I have a Velociraptor that is going in my other gaming computer. This is my main computer and I need lots of space that's why I need at least a 1 tb drive. Thanks for the reply though. :)
 
Nah connector isn't loose it clicks when I insert it.

What it sounds like to me is the solder connection broke between 1 or more pins of the hard drive controller card and the sata or power connector.
 
Back
Top