Need a new gaming hdd.

hdgamer

Gawd
Currently I own a Vertex 3 for my OS and several hdd's for storage. I'm currently using a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 Tb drive for my games but the drive keeps dropping out once every couple days and I'm getting sick of it. I changed the ports on the motherboard and switched the cable and only way I can get the computer to recognize it is if I jiggle the sata cable connected to the back of the hdd. So I'm assuming that the connector has some kind of short in it? Anyways what's a good cheap solution for a replacement? I do love this drive but don't want the same issue to pop up again.

I do love this drive but don't want the same issue to pop up again.

Is the connector loose?

Anyways what's a good cheap solution for a replacement?

WDC Black, Samsung F3 or Hitachi 7K3000 or Velociraptor 300 or 600.

Last edited:
Nah connector isn't loose it clicks when I insert it. I will try the Hitachi or WD Black. I have a Velociraptor that is going in my other gaming computer. This is my main computer and I need lots of space that's why I need at least a 1 tb drive. Thanks for the reply though. :)

Nah connector isn't loose it clicks when I insert it.

What it sounds like to me is the solder connection broke between 1 or more pins of the hard drive controller card and the sata or power connector.

Back