Need a new game. Just Cause or Witcher 3? I liked skyrim

BottomsUp

Gawd
i liked skyrim. Just cause looks fun to blow stuff up but is there a point to it besides blowing stuff up?

i liked skyrim. Just cause looks fun to blow stuff up but is there a point to it besides blowing stuff up?

There's a story to Just Cause 3, I can say I don't care about it, I just run around liberating bases and cities. If you do go for JC3 look for codes in the FS forum. I got mine a month or two ago for cheaper.

If I had to recommend one I'd go for TW3. Just make sure to install a graphics mod IMO. Skyrim couldn't keep me interested where the Witcher did. Voice acting and characters I could like. It's way more polished and alive than Skyrim. Might take a few hours to get used to it. Absolutely beautiful game and pictures and videos don't do it justice. Also the graphics get better once you get out of white orchard (starting location.). It all gets better.

Witcher and Just Cause are both amazing games, but so night-&-day different it's very difficult to recommend one over the other. Witcher is more similar to Skyrim of course, but much more dark/gritty/realistic feeling. It feels like going back in time and living in a real medieval realm, not like playing out a cartoonish fantasy. Definitely give that one a try, but I can understand if you want a change of pace if you just finished Skyrim recently.

And yeah Just Cause is all about blowing stuff up! It's one of the most fun sandbox action games ever, but has pretty-much nothing in common with Elder-Scrolls or Witcher besides the fact that it's an open-world sandbox. And yeah, the Just Cause isn't about the story, the plot is only there so you'll know what to go blow up next. I'd say try JC2 first - you can get it really cheap. It's more similar to GTA or Saints Row, but with more of a military shooter theme, and lots of over-the-top action stunts etc. It's a lot of fun - just try it. I'm still waiting on JC3 to get a little cheaper before I buy it, but can't wait to play it. I have plenty in my Steam backlog, so there's no rush.

Also, if the game you want is "skyrim with guns" you might also want to look at the newer Far Cry games. I believe that was a marketing line for FC3. And it does have several similarities in the quest system and character development.

Need to finish the Witcher 3. Haven't played it since June.

Witcher 3 was awesome it's not very often that I'll play a game with any regularity anymore but I played the witcher 3 everyday till I beat it and I explored a lot.

I also did the same with skyrim ;) now I'm just sitting around waiting on skyrim 2 or witcher 4 :(

Beat rise of the tomb raider which was fun and just started playing mgs5 but not really liking it so far.

Witcher and Just Cause are both amazing games, but so night-&-day different it's very difficult to recommend one over the other. Witcher is more similar to Skyrim of course, but much more dark/gritty/realistic feeling. It feels like going back in time and living in a real medieval realm, not like playing out a cartoonish fantasy. Definitely give that one a try, but I can understand if you want a change of pace if you just finished Skyrim recently.

And yeah Just Cause is all about blowing stuff up! It's one of the most fun sandbox action games ever, but has pretty-much nothing in common with Elder-Scrolls or Witcher besides the fact that it's an open-world sandbox. And yeah, the Just Cause isn't about the story, the plot is only there so you'll know what to go blow up next. I'd say try JC2 first - you can get it really cheap. It's more similar to GTA or Saints Row, but with more of a military shooter theme, and lots of over-the-top action stunts etc. It's a lot of fun - just try it. I'm still waiting on JC3 to get a little cheaper before I buy it, but can't wait to play it. I have plenty in my Steam backlog, so there's no rush.

Also, if the game you want is "skyrim with guns" you might also want to look at the newer Far Cry games. I believe that was a marketing line for FC3. And it does have several similarities in the quest system and character development.

How can you say its a great game if you've never even played it? its boring and repetitive as hell, its arcadey thanks to the challenges to unlock things.... Mad Max was the deeper, richer experience, JC3 is just boring.

I had a tough time getting into jc3 initially as I was expecting it to play like jc2 mechanically. After maybe a few hours I really started digging the new mechanics. Jc3 is absolutely worth the $25 it will cost you!

Witcher 3 is definitely mighty sweet.

Just keep in mind, Skyrim and Witcher 3 are two completely different beasts.

If you're not someone who enjoys investing in a good story and just prefers to "putt-around" ala Skyrim, Witcher 3 may not be for you....

If you enjoyed Skyrim, it's hard to imagine you not liking the Witcher 3.
I haven't played JC3, so it might also be awesome. I just know that the Witcher 3 is relatively similar to Skyrim (and Dragon Age for that matter), so fans of either series should probably look to the other.

How can you say its a great game if you've never even played it? its boring and repetitive as hell, its arcadey thanks to the challenges to unlock things.... Mad Max was the deeper, richer experience, JC3 is just boring.

Well, that's just, like, you're opinion, man. [/TheDude]

OP didn't say JC3, only Just Cause in general. JC2 is one of my favorite games ever, so I highly recommend it. But because of reviews like you just gave (and because I'm spoiled and backlogged by Steam sales), I'm holding off buying JC3. I haven't played Mad Max either, mostly because I'm not big on driving games, and you can't fly all over the place in Mad Max with parachutes & grappling hooks etc. Completely different style of game from what I can tell, but I'm still planning to pick it up eventually.

Back