Need a new game for the 360

Team Obi Juan

Your Local Postmaster
I bought a 360 Friday night along with Fable 2. It's fun, but I do have to take a break from it (been playing the hell out of it)

I'm not going to have Xbox Live for at least another week... My wireless access point for it (WGA54G) is not working with ATT DSL's PPPoE settings (really aggravating, not sure what I need to do). SO, I'm going to have to run ethernet.

Anyhow, what are some good (cheaper) single player games? Definitely going to pick up Forza 2. Outside of that, any genre's good.

Thanks!

IF you want some cheapo games I agree:

Gears of War
Call of Duty 4 (find it used)- great single player and when you get on live endless multiplayer
Madden 08 (u can find it extremely cheap < $10)

mass effect is 20 bucks from gamestop used. highly recommend

The Orange Box, which you can find for $19.99 in some stores, is a great deal considering it comes loaded with 5 games. Gears of War, Crackdown, Viva Pinata, are all cheap these days as well.

I bought a 360 Friday night along with Fable 2. It's fun, but I do have to take a break from it (been playing the hell out of it)

I'm not going to have Xbox Live for at least another week... My wireless access point for it (WGA54G) is not working with ATT DSL's PPPoE settings (really aggravating, not sure what I need to do). SO, I'm going to have to run ethernet.

Anyhow, what are some good (cheaper) single player games? Definitely going to pick up Forza 2. Outside of that, any genre's good.

Thanks!

dead rising. Still one of the top 3 games on the 360 imo, and 20 bucks new at most places.

crackdown is a lot of fun
gears 1 or 2(even though 2 is new its still good)
cod4 but it is still around 40 used at gamestop
nhl 09 is fun

Rez or Braid from XBLA would be a good choice. The darkness is a nice cheap FPS.

To me, the best way to cleanse the palate after a long RPG session is with Geometry Wars (Evolved2). Failing that, if I didn't have Xbox Live going, I'd go with Guitar Hero (3 is what I have) -- I'm still terrible at it but it's fun. :)

DEAD SPACE!

Not cheap since it's new, but it's definitely a must have IMO.

Rainbow Six (the original) can be found extremely cheap, and is still a ton of fun to play. Assassin's Creed is fun as well, although fairly redundant after awhile. Mass Effect is great and will take away all your time. I have friends in grad school who have found enough time to play through it multiple times. Oblivion is good as well, and I've heard mixed things about the new Fall Out - it's extremely similar to Oblivion, which is good and bad, and there's not much story to it.

Bioshock is probably one of the best experiences I've had on the xbox so far. Pick it up and you won't be able to put it down until you've beaten it. Be prepared to be creeped out a bit at first though.

Well, I picked up CoD2 and Forza 2 today for $24. I'll keep my eye out on the others you guys have mentioned. I'm broke now, so 'platinum hits' or below 20 used is what I'm going for. I have a huge backlog of games to play, considering I just got my 360 2 days ago.

Sign up for GameStop's weekly newsletter. Every Friday morning/afternoon they have a week-long coupon. That is the _only_ way I buy games now. Typically they're Buy 2 get 1 free, or get 25% off (up to 3 games). Take that, combine with Edge card for an additional 10%, and you can get games for incredibly cheap and plentifully.

Last sale I picked up Burnout: Paradise, Oblivion, and Orange Box. Each was $25 used, one was free, and the others were 10% off. I paid about $45 total. The time before that I picked up Viva Pinata, Mass Effect, and some other game, each was 35% off (basically the same as buy 2 get 1 free)

Then get a friend to buy 3 more, then another friend to buy 3 more, and you've got a few months of great, cheap gaming worth.

I'm making the switch to ps3 and would like to sell you GTA 4 for $30.

Why isn't your WGA54G working with dsl settings? Are you failing MTU tests when connecting to Live? MTU = Maximum Transmit Unit and to my knowledge only affects DSL (PPPoE) connections. Most routers (including yours) allow you to change your MTU setting.

I believe for Live to work, you need this to be set between 1386 and 1492, no hire than 1492. 1400 is the recommended setting as well.

I guessed this because you said 'Xbox Live" and "DSL". Most routers that have 'issues' with "Xbox Live" and are using PPPoE connections have incorrect MTU settings.

Oh, also ... Gears 2, Left 4 Dead or even Kingdom for Keflings I recommend for a new game.

Why isn't your WGA54G working with dsl settings? Are you failing MTU tests when connecting to Live? MTU = Maximum Transmit Unit and to my knowledge only affects DSL (PPPoE) connections. Most routers (including yours) allow you to change your MTU setting.

I believe for Live to work, you need this to be set between 1386 and 1492, no hire than 1492. 1400 is the recommended setting as well.

I guessed this because you said 'Xbox Live" and "DSL". Most routers that have 'issues' with "Xbox Live" and are using PPPoE connections have incorrect MTU settings.

Oh, also ... Gears 2, Left 4 Dead or even Kingdom for Keflings I recommend for a new game.

Dude, thanks a lot. I will look at that here shortly.

Just to make sure we're on the same page,

This is the thing hooked up to the 360: http://images.google.com/images?q=W...US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wi

And my shitty, shitty router is a 2wire 2701hg-b.

Back