Need a new deathadder/other mouse, any suggestions?

sparky1_2007

2[H]4U
Hey guys, my deathadder is currently suffering from the double clicking issue, where it'll double click when i only click once on the left click button.

Im thinking I'm either going to get another deathadder for $50 or so, or go and get the new wireless mouse that razer has out, the mamba, but i don't want to pay $130 for a new mouse that looks to be exactly the same as the deathadder, but with wireless bits in it, and have it have the same problem.

granted the deathadder lasted atleast a year and a half without this issue.

Any other suggestions on mice that have similar ergonomics?

I really loved the way the deathadder felt in hand and it's sensitivity was great for gaming.

You know there are millions of Mouse suggestion threads here right? Many of them centering around the Deathadder vs. the rest.

If you liked the DA, I recommend the MS IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Still one of the best mice of all time.

Hey guys, my deathadder is currently suffering from the double clicking issue, where it'll double click when i only click once on the left click button.

Im thinking I'm either going to get another deathadder for $50 or so, or go and get the new wireless mouse that razer has out, the mamba, but i don't want to pay $130 for a new mouse that looks to be exactly the same as the deathadder, but with wireless bits in it, and have it have the same problem.

I really loved the way the deathadder felt in hand and it's sensitivity was great for gaming.

The SteelSeries Ikari Laser mouse has very similar ergonomics. In fact I would say it's even more comfortable than the DeathAdder, with similar smooth & accurate tracking. The thumb buttons are a bit smaller, but still work well. Check one out if you can.

Can you get a warranty replacement?

Can you get a warranty replacement?

No i can't because i threw out the receipt i had from best buy for it.

otherwise i would've RMA'd it. but they can't look-up warranty info via serial number.

So, i ended up getting myself a razer mamba for christmas, should be here on monday :)

Hopefully I'm not too late here -- But the latest firmware (2.31 IIRC) fixes the double click issue.
I was having the same issues, upgraded, and haven't had a problem since.

(The firmware update won't install in Vista 64 due to a driver problem however, but finding a XP Based PC for 5 minutes was the fix for me!)

Hopefully I'm not too late here -- But the latest firmware (2.31 IIRC) fixes the double click issue.

(The firmware update won't install in Vista 64 due to a driver problem however, but finding a XP Based PC for 5 minutes was the fix for me!)

OMG! I could hug you right now sir. Thank you!

I still haven't found anything I think is a better gaming mouse than the DA. I have tried quite a few also.. I thought the G500 would be it, but something about the way it tracks on the vertical axis while in game felt weird... I like it as an every day use mouse (the G500) but the DA is still fave gaming mouse. just love the way it feels in the hand and way the sensor tracks. :) hope that fw fixes your double click issues.

crap! already have the mouse in my posession, i may return it if i don't like the mouse, but it just means that i'll have the deathadder to use as my dedicated laptop mouse :)

I got my mamba in the other day, it took me a while to get used to the 5600dpi over the 1800 on my old deathadder, but i've got to say after using it for a few hours that i got used to it really quick.

0 acceleration in windows settings also so that i can set it up with a click of the button on the mouse.

if youve got $120-130 to spend on a wireless gaming mouse, this is the one to do it for :)

Get a Logitech G400 (when they come out). Logitech is sending out pre-orders now and up until mid-July you'll be able to get them at Best Buy, then everywhere else after that. The G400 is Logitech's new version of the MX518 that everyone loves, but it's a true successor to the MX518 meaning they aren't fucking with what what great about that mouse for gaming, etc.

Also, the G400 is right around the $50 of the Death Adder so you won't really be needing to drop any extra money.

i started getting the double click problem with my death adder about a week ago. sometimes it wouldn't even register that i had clicked the left mouse button so i had to press it a second or third time.

did some googling, read some threads. ended up turning my polling rate down from 500hz to 125hz. seems to have fixed the problem.

haven't noticed slow response times from the mouse in any games yet. if it becomes an issue, will look into the razer mamba/naga/ another DA possibly.

if you haven't thrown out your old DA (referring to the OP from over two years ago in this necro'd thread), then i would try turning down the polling rate in the razer software and seeing if that helps you.

and yes, razer's warranty is 2 years on mice.

Back