Need a new case for watercooling.

Anime_Fan

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok so my Antec SOHO 1000 case just isn't cutting it anymore! I don't have room for all my stuff and things are just like laying next to the case on my desk and my kids broke the front door on my case.

Is there a case that has dual 120mm fan mounts? I have a BIP2 Rad and that would be sweet but I cant seem to find anything.

Anybody have some suggestions?

I like the Coolermaster Stacker and the Aerocool Masstige but they dont have the dual 120 mounts bu they do have lots of room up front with all that bay space so that would probably be best bet if there is no case with a dual 120mm mount.

If you're willing to pay some extra money I would go for the SilverStone TJ07...I heard it's pretty awesome for holding rads and other misc WC stuff.

I use the Lian-Li V1000 myself...and there is plenty of room...and it's a very cool case both visually and thermally. If you need a LOT of room I heard the Lian-li V2000 is even better

Gigabyte 3D Aurora has dual 120mm fan mounts and grommets on the back from the factory, perfect case for water cooling.

Rudager said:
If you're willing to pay some extra money I would go for the SilverStone TJ07...I heard it's pretty awesome for holding rads and other misc WC stuff.

I use the Lian-Li V1000 myself...and there is plenty of room...and it's a very cool case both visually and thermally. If you need a LOT of room I heard the Lian-li V2000 is even better

http://www.xoxide.com/silverstone-tj-06-window-black.html

This one? Looks nice but not what I am looking for :)

---------------------------------------

Thanks for the tip on the Gigabyte, I am going to go check it out :)

WCES Ryan said:
Gigabyte 3D Aurora has dual 120mm fan mounts and grommets on the back from the factory, perfect case for water cooling.

OMG this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!

Thank you so much!

image55big.jpg

Cooler Master Stacker 810 is another option. Very nice case, I have one. Upgraded from a lian li PC-V1000.

L1ght said:
Cooler Master Stacker 810 is another option. Very nice case, I have one. Upgraded from a lian li PC-V1000.

Yeah that was one of my original ideas but I really like this Gigabyte, its got exactly the features I want. I am saving up my pennies :]

Anime_Fan said:
Woah thats sweet! Its way out of my price range though!

Save up your pennies man...with this you could install INTERNAL 120.2 or 120.3 rads...and with minimal modding too...I know it's expensive...but man you would be really pleased with it...the Gigabyte does look cool too though...not nearly as cool as the TJ07, but I like how it has grommets for WC tubing.

Rudager said:
Save up your pennies man...with this you could install INTERNAL 120.2 or 120.3 rads...and with minimal modding too...I know it's expensive...but man you would be really pleased with it...the Gigabyte does look cool too though...not nearly as cool as the TJ07, but I like how it has grommets for WC tubing.

Yeah thats like awesome :)

Before I spend 300+ on a case I'd rather get a new CPU :)

This Gigabyte should do everything I need with my setup.

Anime_Fan said:
OMG this is EXACTLY what I was looking for!!

Thank you so much!

image55big.jpg

So would be you be able to internally mount a 2x120 radiator on the back panel without it interfering with other stuff?

I'd really like a case I could mount a internal 3x120 radiator in the TOP of the case.

I dunno about internally... your cpu block would have to be very low profile I would think, or it might get in the way. Depends on the orientation of your motherboard I guess, but I think that it's certainly possible, although would be kind of an awkward mounting spot.

looks like it would be one hell of a tight fit what with the radiator barbs and all.....if it even fit at all.

stacker still gets my vote. plenty of room up front to mount even a BIPIII (and still have 3 bays of space to use) to suck in fresh air with no modification necessary, and then exhaust it all out the back.

badaboom badabing.

domoMKIV said:
looks like it would be one hell of a tight fit what with the radiator barbs and all.....if it even fit at all.

stacker still gets my vote. plenty of room up front to mount even a BIPIII (and still have 3 bays of space to use) to suck in fresh air with no modification necessary, and then exhaust it all out the back.

badaboom badabing.

you could acutually mount a bipIII internal in the stacker? wow..
I'll have to look closer.

robble said:
you could acutually mount a bipIII internal in the stacker? wow..
I'll have to look closer.
yeah but you would probably only have use of 2 bays afterward, unless you were running a fan controller and not a full extension rom drive or something similar.
however it will still fit!

I have seen several people mounting their dual rad in a stacker on the front using velcro? but i am lost in how to do that. I currently mounted mine on the top of my 810 but would like to move it to the front.

Either way i like the 810 but if your taste is the aurora then go for it.

Back