Need a new case, could use some input.

dtess17

2[H]4U
I've already become bored, and i feel the need to build another computer, i have the P180 and it's pretty nice, all of the slight issues aside, but i think i want something different for the next one.

I kinda like this case...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811233002
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it? Is it loud?
I was also thinking of water cooling in it.

Any other cases with 3+ 120mm fans? or other cases that have awesome cooling?

Thanks

Look at the aerocool masstige. Its a real nice case that is well built and has great design elements to it. I watercooled mine w/a 120.2 rad up front and it left me w/3-4 5 1/4 bays. You then have 2 floppy bays for hdds or what not besides that and a 120mm exhaust and 3 80mm intakes if you choose to use them. Super clean case and I can't recommend it enough. Comes in silver and black

link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811196012

That is a interesting looking case, reminds me of the stacker a little bit,
I was looking for more 120mm fans though, i have a box full of em, and i find them to be much quieter then 80 or 92mm fans.

well it has room for 2 120mm right off the bat and if you can get them to send you more fan adapters you can fit a total of 3 120mm fans up front leavin you one 5 1/4 bay and another 120 mm fan in the back. I actually didn't uses the 80mm fans on the side myself.

Oh cool. Maybe i should look into it a little more then.

Anyone with anything else...may as well see everything that's out there.

Check out the Lian Li PC-7B. I've seen people fit a 120.2 rad up top; you may lose 2 5.25" bays but there are other ways too. You can fit a single radiator in the front if you move the hard drive cage back a bit, and I had a single 120mm blowhole put in mine so that if I ever wanted to watercool it I could just use two separate 120mm rads... definitely check it out.

I just bought a black 3d Aurora. I have to say that I'm VERY happy with it. It's extremely well designed and built. The 3 120mm fans sold me on it. It's seriously the most well designed case I've owned, and that's coming from someone with 2 Lian Li's and several versions of the chieftec/antec file server case sitting in the same room. Every thing is tool-less and to top it off it just looks really impressive in person.

It does have some gimmicky features which I really don't care about though. Like the customizable light in the front.

dtess17 said:
I've already become bored, and i feel the need to build another computer, i have the P180 and it's pretty nice, all of the slight issues aside, but i think i want something different for the next one.

I kinda like this case...http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811233002
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it? Is it loud?
I was also thinking of water cooling in it.

Any other cases with 3+ 120mm fans? or other cases that have awesome cooling?

Thanks

I used this case for awhile. It was ok, it did cool pretty well. I don't think I'd buy it again though. For the price it's just too flimsy, things don't fit quite right, and the worst part was it literally took a hammer to remove the dvd drive from it.

If your the kind of person that builds a box and never opens it again it's probably good, otherwise it's kind of a pain in the a$$. (Then again maybe it was just the one I had)

Have you looked into the new Thermaltake Armor Jr? Saw it advertised on here but nobody's mentioned it yet I don't think.

Steelgrave said:
I used this case for awhile. It was ok, it did cool pretty well. I don't think I'd buy it again though. For the price it's just too flimsy, things don't fit quite right, and the worst part was it literally took a hammer to remove the dvd drive from it.

If your the kind of person that builds a box and never opens it again it's probably good, otherwise it's kind of a pain in the a$$. (Then again maybe it was just the one I had)

Have you looked into the new Thermaltake Armor Jr? Saw it advertised on here but nobody's mentioned it yet I don't think.

i'm not a fan of the armor cases, i think they are rather horrid looking, but thank you for the suggestion.

i'm looking into the silverstone cases now. see what they can bring to the table...i like the tj07, but it's $$$$

Back