Need a new antivirus and firewall program...

Cyber

Limp Gawd
I currently have Mcafee 7.0 and my 1 year subscription is up. I currently have the firewall, anti virus, and quick clean options that cam with the Mcafee bundle. I am running a Netgear Wireless router with NAT protection. What antivirus software program and firewall would you go with? I dont want AVG. Looking at eXtendia AVK or NOD32? Believe Microsoft may have something to do with Extendia, which has me a little concerned. Dont want Norton security due to it contraints system unless you get corporate. For my software firewall im looking at Sygate. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated.

The newest Mcafee enterprise AV 8i has firewall features. It blocks commonly dangerous ports as well as provides AV protection. Windows SP2 has much better firewalling as well; on par with zone alarm. Your netgear router probably has NAT and SPI (stateful packet inspection ) firewalls.

your correct my router does have nat and spi. is nod32 better than mcafee? nod32 passed virus bulletin 2004 with high marks.

Back