Right, I'm tearing my hair over trying to find a new display. Every time I'm almost ready to click the "buy" button something stops me and I feel like I'm back at square one.
I currently have a Dell 2408WFP (24" 1920x1200 display) which I've been very happy with. I find the colours bright and vibrant and I've never sat whilst playing a game and thought "that is unplayable".
This screen however is now starting to fail - random vertical lines of random colour and I know it's time for a change.
So to my demands:
1. The screen needs to look good. I know that the best "gaming" displays all use the TN type panel. However I constantly read reviews of the 120hz/144hz TN screens and although everyone loves the response there seems to be a "washed out colours" issue. In other words, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is no TN panel with excellent colours?
2. I do game but as I said above, the old Dell has never looked terrible to me. So I don't think I need the fastest display out there. But anything that looks terrible with the slightest bit of motion is a no-go.
3. I've got myself used to 1920x1200 as a resolution. I'm not saying I need to have this, but I think I'm going to notice the drop to 1920x1080. Although I'm happy to lose that little bit of real-estate for the right display.
4. Height adjustable stand would be ideal. I can be picky on positioning and having to use something under the stand is far from ideal.
5. Budget. Can you put a budget on getting the bit you look at all the time right? Unfortunately I need to. I guess the £250 - £300 mark at the top end. However I'd entertain all recommendations.
In summary I'm seeking a 24" display which offers bright and vibrant colours which is also no slouch, so I can play games without feeling sick or being disgusted by ghosting which comes on a height-adjustable stand that doesn't cost the earth.
Any recommendations?
Thanks.
I currently have a Dell 2408WFP (24" 1920x1200 display) which I've been very happy with. I find the colours bright and vibrant and I've never sat whilst playing a game and thought "that is unplayable".
This screen however is now starting to fail - random vertical lines of random colour and I know it's time for a change.
So to my demands:
1. The screen needs to look good. I know that the best "gaming" displays all use the TN type panel. However I constantly read reviews of the 120hz/144hz TN screens and although everyone loves the response there seems to be a "washed out colours" issue. In other words, and correct me if I'm wrong, there is no TN panel with excellent colours?
2. I do game but as I said above, the old Dell has never looked terrible to me. So I don't think I need the fastest display out there. But anything that looks terrible with the slightest bit of motion is a no-go.
3. I've got myself used to 1920x1200 as a resolution. I'm not saying I need to have this, but I think I'm going to notice the drop to 1920x1080. Although I'm happy to lose that little bit of real-estate for the right display.
4. Height adjustable stand would be ideal. I can be picky on positioning and having to use something under the stand is far from ideal.
5. Budget. Can you put a budget on getting the bit you look at all the time right? Unfortunately I need to. I guess the £250 - £300 mark at the top end. However I'd entertain all recommendations.
In summary I'm seeking a 24" display which offers bright and vibrant colours which is also no slouch, so I can play games without feeling sick or being disgusted by ghosting which comes on a height-adjustable stand that doesn't cost the earth.
Any recommendations?
Thanks.