Need a network tv tuner

shetu

Weaksauce
Hi
I need a Need a network tv tuner card and watch one channel and record another channel same time.

define: "network tv tuner"?
Where in the world are you? the .us? Europe? other?
Is this just for over the air or Cable?

aka: We need to know if you use ATSC, DVB-T or something else.

assuming the .us and OTA only then look at Silicon Dust, they've got a dual tuner solution. (ATSC only granted)

^^ What he said.

Though if you are located in the US and you have Cable TV already I recommend their HDHomeRun Prime network tuner. I had one when I had Cable TV and it was awesome. It's got three TV tuners built in. The only down side is you'll have to get a CableCARD from the Cable Co, but they are cheap. Mine charged me $2.50 for it.

If you just want OTA stuff then the dual version that FnordMan recommended above will do the trick.

^^ What he said.

Though if you are located in the US and you have Cable TV already I recommend their HDHomeRun Prime network tuner. I had one when I had Cable TV and it was awesome. It's got three TV tuners built in. The only down side is you'll have to get a CableCARD from the Cable Co, but they are cheap. Mine charged me $2.50 for it.

If you just want OTA stuff then the dual version that FnordMan recommended above will do the trick.

Yeah, I run a prime at home. The only real hassle with it was when $cable_co switched to SDV* and I needed to get the tuning adapter to work. The upshot of the whole affair is that with a few exceptions (like TBS that marks *everything* copy once) I get nice, drm free .wtv files that I can squish to 720p h.264 and save.

*Switched Digital Video

Yeah I never had to deal with the tuner adapter. I bet that could be a pain. I don't even use it now, been thinking about getting the DUAL tuner for OTA channels, but I'm not in a huge rush to do so. I did love it though. I actually sold it a couple weeks ago.

Back