need a more comfortable mouse

thesecond

[H]ard|Gawd
Good morning,

As a raging BFBC2 addict, I love my mice. However, I'm currently having issues... arm pain... with the mice that i have.

Please note, i am using a steelseries SX surface- the aluminum one

G9X: love it to death, its the perfect weight (with no weights, very nice and light), love the rubberized "wide" grip, and it glides so smoothly over my SX - better with the logitech feet than with the steelseries skates. And the DPI button is better located, and has better response than that on my g700.
However, the flat orientation of it does not feel like a natural wrist position, and as a result i get tendon pain in my forearm.

G700: Great shape, I like how it tilts my wrist to the right which feels more ergonomic for me. But it weighs more than an aircraft carrier, which ends up in elbow pain for me. Currently i have the battery removed, and the mouse plugged in, but the wire is so stiff that there is just no point. That, and the feet aren't as slippery as the g9x.

With these in mind, does anybody have a mouse suggestion to fit my messed up arm? I was looking at the Alienware TacX because its similar to the g9x with more curves, but i'm afraid the top will be just as flat.

Note: before anybody suggests the mx518, or g5, my mom (lol i know rite?) has a logitech from that group and dislike the feel of those mice.

Last edited:
I went from a logitech MX518 to a mionix naos 3200. The 3200 is absolutely the most comfortable mouse I've ever used/tried/touched.

G9x also gave me wrist pain. And even with no weight tray in, it is a heavy mouse compared to some others. If you want to keep it and want a larger shell, buy an 'id' grip from ebay or amazon; logitech no longer makes them. It makes the mouse into a large palm grip.

You probably require a DPI button for BC turrets and whatnot, so that rules out the deathadder and a bunch of other good mice.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
If you like the G700, but just find it too heavy, then why not the G500 instead? It's missing a couple buttons, but overall the same shape and feel. Doesn't have a battery inside, so that makes it lighter. I really like the mouse.

Well, I was going to say MX518 until I saw your note...so much for that!

Since that's out, I'm going to agree with burningrave and suggest a Razer Deathadder.

G9x also gave me wrist pain. And even with no weight tray in, it is a heavy mouse compared to some others. If you want to keep it and want a larger shell, buy an 'id' grip from ebay or amazon; logitech no longer makes them. It makes the mouse into a large palm grip.

You probably require a DPI button for BC turrets and whatnot, so that rules out the deathadder and a bunch of other good mice.

So you're saying these ID shells are larger than the wide grip? I may actually pick one up then.

And yes, you read my mind, i use the DPI button alot in battlefield games for turrets. I love it so much it hurts... literally.

Im not too comfortable on my old MX518, it feels cramped.

I bought a cheap Xai a couple of days ago, and it feels really good in comparison.

I would look at a Razer Deathadder or Cyborg R.A.T. 7.

I have not touched a razer that i have liked. And i have touched many. (lol that sounds dirty)

and the rat 7 is tiny... and has a le terrible laser for what i do. I do MANY lifts, and when i borrowed my friend's rat 7, it screwed me up hard.
Though i must say - the Albino Rat 7 may have some promise... it might have a different laser :D

I've been floating back & forth between my Razer Mamba & my Roccat Kone+ .

hows the middle click on the kone? I hit it a lot for knifing in bc2.

Last edited:
No problems on the middle click on my Kone+ . It's pretty easy to press . No different than the middle click on my Mamba , far as effort goes .

ordered 2 ID grips from the UK. Amazon wouldn't ship to me in canaderp

I shall report my delicious findings upon arrival!

if youre having severe issues with ergonomics i would suggest you look at your desk/chair height combo. maybe even the way you grip the mouse. only mouse ive ever had any issues with like you describe was the RAT9, and thats because the ergonomics suck bad. ive gone through many microsoft mice as well as logitech mx1000, mx revolution and now a razer mamba, all with minimal adjustments.

I've been having the exact same problems as the OP. I had the G9 for about fifteen minutes before I gave it to my coworker sitting next to me. It killed my hand and wrist.

Been using the latest microsoft sidewinder for the last couple years. Better, but lately it's been acting up. My wrists pop all the time and get crazy sore while gaming. Probably due to fighting (organized, not street) taking it's toll.

That mionix looks amazing. I've also always hated how your ring and pinky fingers just freaking hang off the side of the mouse, another source of discomfort.

Went ahead and ordered the 3200 and their mousepad
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LR2VKK/ref=ox_ya_os_product
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041SPG24/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Really looking forward to them, thanks to the person that suggested it.

I got a naos 3200 recently because i was very curious to try the shape ( ikari optical didn't look interesting to me back then ) the sensor has TERRIBLY high LOD, 1600 and 3200 dpi settings are fake ( avago adns 3060 is rated at 800cpi, anything higher is achieved with some kind of interpolation ) angle snapping is annoying when i want to make really precise shots, it feels like the whole body is scraping against my artisan mousepad.

On the bright side : it's pretty much unskippable, even if you play like this guy -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DdbLqm_Ao the sensor will not EVER let you down, the shape supports all 5 fingers and is definately more comfortable than deathadder's, i'd still use my spawn over since it feels better, I'm so much more accurate with it it's not even funny :D

Interesting. I'll give some feedback when I get it. Though I'll tell you now I'm a pretty recreational gamer and probably won't notice what you mentioned.

You don't have to play in leagues or anything, think about it, many "recreational" gamers back in 2006 praised logitech G5 and said things like " i can't believe how much more accurate it feels compared to mx518 " why ? because mx518 had angle snapping and 125hz stock polling rate, while G5 has no angle snapping and polls at 500hz right out of the box. These differences are so profound that you can even notice them on desktop playing no games at all.

http://www.phoon.us/mouse/#prediction

if youre having severe issues with ergonomics i would suggest you look at your desk/chair height combo. maybe even the way you grip the mouse. only mouse ive ever had any issues with like you describe was the RAT9, and thats because the ergonomics suck bad. ive gone through many microsoft mice as well as logitech mx1000, mx revolution and now a razer mamba, all with minimal adjustments.

Any reference i can look at for proper desk/chair ratio?

Right now i get my chair as high as i can, so my legs are to the bottom of the desk. Do i need to sit lower or somehing?

Keyboard straight in front (Das), and mouse off to the right.

Received my ID grips in the mail today. LOVE THEM. This mouse definitely should have come with a grip this size. Its like instant relief on my arm.

g9x is a keeper :D.

The cable for the G700 is a just a MicroUSB cable. I use it to connect my phone to PC in addition to charging the mouse :)

You could stick any cheap cable on and connect to pc if it's too stiff for you.

If you are having arm pain, you better get an articulating keyboard tray and good chair. A few hundred bucks now is going to save you from a lifetime of health problems.

If you liked the G9x so much, but hated the shape, then try the Alienware TactX.
Sounds like the perfect mouse for you.

If you liked the G9x so much, but hated the shape, then try the Alienware TactX.
Sounds like the perfect mouse for you.

so a friend of mine has one of those, never used, BNIB (came with her alienware laptop), and i borrowed it last weekend.

IT SUCKS hahahha.

Heres a list of problems
1. the feet suck. It was super loud and sticky on my steelseries SX. The g9x is super slippery and quiet on that mousepad. They felt like 2$ bargain bin mouse feet.

2. feels cheap. Weighs much less than the g9x - even when there is no grip on the g9x. And the sides of it flex a bit when you push.

3. software sucks. i could not for the life of me install any of the software to tweak it to my liking. I fiddled for 2 hours trying to figure it out, but it simply would not install from the disk or online drivers.

4. Super tiny. Its slightly narrower than the g9x. Made for baby hands.

5. LED bleed. On the display, the g9x shows the lights that you want on. The alienware's lights bleed throughout. Looks cheap. (though this might just be a feature... i dunno)

Upsides? Well it had a comfy shape, despite it being tiny.

Conclusion: feels like a knockoff g9x. Not a parallel OEM made g9x. But a cheap knockoff.

Back