Need a monitor reco

Webberson

Weaksauce
I have this display LINK, but it was damaged during a company paid move from Nashville to Houston. In fact, it has what looks like a cepia-looking band at the top edge of the display. Any idea what caused this? A hard blow, or rough handling? Regardless, I need to replace the display and wanted something equivalent. Must be 27 or 28" with integrated speakers. I don't really care if the sound is not recording studio quality.

I would recommend the Dell U2713HM, but you didn't tell us your uses and budget.

AX510 for Dell monitors is a set of add-on speakers that connect easily to the monitor and are powered directly from it. Has two headphone outs as well.

4iog0n.jpg

I'm not worried about the budget - to a degree. I think the Hanns-g cost about $250. I would not be opposed to spending a bit more.

I use it mostly for video editing. I have Adobe's Master Collection CS6 and use Premiere Pro the most.
Edit: OK, I just looked at the Dell and that's more than I care to spend for this. I would probably put my range at about $350 to $400 max.

You do video editing and you used a TN panel? :eek:
Then you must get an IPS now. Good 27" IPS monitors are not cheap, and I wouldn't recommend getting a Korean 1440p, too risky. 27" 1080p panels have about the same pixel pitch as your previous monitor (only not as tall) so if you were okay with the resolution, look into them. Check out Dell S2740L is you like glossy. Someone else should help you out with other recommendations.

Back