need a mic and possibly headset

piako

[H]ard|Gawd
what's the best choice for gaming? I have speakers just need mic. USB/ analog. I had some realiabiltiy issue with usb in the past (that was few years ago).

Creative FATAL1TY still the best choice? should i get usb or the analog one.

major thx.

i recommend getting a quality set of non-gaming headphones and a stand alone mic. i've recently tried to move from my (fairly low-end) Sennheiser HD-280 headphones to the Plantronics GameCom 377 (also somewhat low-end in the gaming headset world) and there's just no comparison. the Sennheiser's sound exponentially better. many people here on [H] like the Audio Technica ATH-AD700's. I'd go with those and a cheap stand alone mic.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Sennheiser have always fared me well, I bought a USB pair of gaming headphones years ago and they're still going to strong, good quality.

I've been using the Logitech USB Mic for the past few months. I came from using a cheap mic from Fry's, but I'd hear people say my volume was bad on the mic, or there was other interference. Haven't had any complaints with this. I can even hide it behind my monitor and it'll still pick up my voice.

My setup is the Logitech USB Mic with Monster Studio Beats. Got the headphones from an Apple employee. They get it for 50% off.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back