Need a IBM Thinkpad T30 restore disk! Need to reload OS.

Kettchxxii

Gawd
My old man picked up three T30s at an estate sale and I am having trouble finding an OS image that will take their xp keys. Anyone have any ideas?

I've used a standard Win XP disk to re-install on a bunch of t30, r30 and r51 ThinkPads and never had a problem re-using the standard XP keys from the bottom. I don't think any of ours came with rescue disks.

hmm. My Technet xp image was a no go, but it was service pack 3. Ill have to look into other images :(

Thanks for the Response!

you need an OEM image. Not sure if the technet ones are considered OEM, sometimes they say in the description retail. But the key on the bottom of the laptop will need to be used on an OEM install.

yep. I have been trying a few oem disks from other vendors but still haven't had any luck...

For IBM using a standard OEM, not branded with HP, dell, etc. worked for me. If you can find a IBM one even better. Just got done redoing a t30 last week worked fine using a standard OEM. Just had to enter in the key and validate with microsoft and it was good to go.

Had to go onto IBM's website and download drivers but thats to be expected using a generic OEM disk.

Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't have any oem media, but did use a dell pro oem that I found, which worked. It took the key to register but the it would only take windows updates through the icon, not the windowsupdate site. Thought it was odd.

funny side note: the T30 restore disc costs more than each of the laptops from the link posted above.

Back