Need a HSF recommendation

Rob001

Weaksauce
Joined
Aug 15, 2004
Messages
85
I've just upgraded my CPU to a q9650 as a final upgrade, to last me until the next generation of chips comes out. At the moment i'm using a Scythe Katana 2 cooler, which i'm really happy with as it's really easy to install (standard intel push-pin design), plus it's extremely quiet (the main reason I originally chose it).

The Katana 2 is good, but I really want to get the most out of my q9650 so it'll last me as long as possible. I'd like a new hsf with better cooling, which is also very quiet and is also installable with the intel push-pins (i haven't got the patience for anything else).

What recommendations can you give me? I haven't kept up on cooling over the past few years so any help is much appreciated!
 
If you really want to push the Q9650 you want blackplate mounting heatsink, however if you insist with push pin I would recommend you the Cogage Spirit .
Hardocp did a review on this cooler here.
 
Back
Top