• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a headset, HELP!

flooberjobby

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 4, 2008
Messages
268
I need to get a headset for my pc.

I like noise cancleing, but as long as the sound in the headphones can drown everything else out it's fine.

I want surround sound, IE 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 Doesn't matter if it's symilated or actual, as long as it's top notch.

Would like it to have a noise cancleing mic that can be detatchable. But if it doesn't have a mic or isn't detatchable I don't mind. But if it has a mic and can't be detatched I want to be able to disable it/mute it.

I'm looking to spend $350 or less. I'm going for quality.

They will be used for gaming, and media. But have to be superb for gaming.

I have a 5.1 surround sound speaker setup... but I need somthing that the neighbors won't complain about when I play or listen at all hours of the day.

I've been looking at the A40s, the TB HPX, the Megalodon, the LT 35s, and the Sennheiser 350.

So... I'm at a complete loss in the department, I don't know much if anything about audio equipment I jus tknow I have the ears of an audiofile type person, comes with being the son of a musician.

Thanks for the help.


Oh and another thing, I don't care if I can or cannot connect them to an xbox 360 or what ever thats not what I'm getting them for. I'm a PC gamer, of course I have the consoles but I am mostly on my pc. And I play competitively on mjy pc when I can. Not a console. Sick of only finding reviews about headphones and the main point is for a XBOX 360... so freaking anoying!
 
I love the Sennheiser PC350. The microphone sounds amazing. Crystal clear, doesn't pick up buzzing or fans in the room, etc. Headphones give you "just the game" experience with the noise-canceling cups. However, with your big budget, there are other options that weren't available to me. I was trying to stay under $150. I thought I'd still chime in just to say I love my PC350s, but I would probably have gone for something of even higher quality if I had the budget for it. The thing is, I honestly don't know of any. To me, the PC350 was top of the line. Tritton makes some pretty high-end headsets but I don't know how people like them.
 
The thing is I've been out of competitive gaming for to long now, and I'm coming up near the end of my enlistment cycle for the military.

I want to get back into it because it was tons of fun, and quite lucrative, especially when I had a computer busniess on the side with friends.

So I'm going to build me a top of the line right when I'm back from this current deployment and jump right into it. I still have a foot in the door with some connections for me, but it all depends on how I do when I get back, and if I can get a constant good internet connection as well with the new PC.

So I need pretty much the best headphones I can get to practice and what not to get where I need to be. I have a great sound system already, only problem is it's so good the neighbors complain or I have to have it at a minimum not to bother anyone.

Barracks and living near people suck!! I wish I was back home in Wisconsin back at my old home there where I grew up. Freaken 10 meg connection and could have my system max volume before anyone would complain or hear me. Got to love high tech farm country!!
 
If you don't need a mic attached the headphones you options greatly increase....

From the talk on head-fi.org either the beyerdynamic dt-880s or the audio technica ath-ad700s have the best sound stage for positioning. I have used both and say they are both solid. The 880s are better for music and a more well rounded headphone, but also cost a lot more :)

I use my beyerdynamic dt-990s currently for gaming, but haven't been doing any serious PvP so I really could judge how they would be in a competitive environment.

Lastly the Beyers are are less efficient headphones and aren't the best to simply plug into the back of an average sound card. They definitely preferred to be amped (dedicated headphone amp or a receiver) to really open them up. They a still definitely usable, just you won't unlock their full potential.

The Audio Technica's on the other hand are very efficient and can be run right off a sound card.
 
Back
Top