Need a good RAID pci card

freakycody

Gawd
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
924
what is a good RAID 1 PCI card (PCI slot)? I plan to set up 2 160 gb WD (ATA 100) in RAID 1. I really do not want to spend a ton, but if it could be under $50, it would be awesome, or under $100 would be okay. Thanks. Specs of system the card and 2 hdd are going into are in sig.

A link would be awesome (NEWEGG etc.) but I will take whatever information you can give me.
 
SATA, IDE, SATAII, what. And what type of slot, pci, pci-x, pci-x133, pci-e. We need more details friend.
 
edited post to show relevant info. NOTE I changed it to RAID 1 ( I brainfarted when my first post said RAID 0). The main purpose of this is to protect my data from being lost (RAID 0 would not accompish that). Thanks.
 
Judging by what was said (assuming it can be taken literally), I'm guessing he's looking for an IDE (P-ATA100) RAID card, for use in a standard 32-bit, 33MHz PCI slot.

I can't comment on the performance of this card, but I would expect it to be good. Google around and see if you can find any reviews.

Here is the ATA100 version
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816115001

Or if you decide to use ATA133 or something, here is that model too.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816115003
 
WD 160 gb HDD

This is the hdd i will be using. It is ultra ata/100 (i think that is what it says). In that case i should go for the rocketraid 100. Or is ultra ata/100 = ata/133 (not sure what that ultra means). Since it is ultra does that change the RAID card choices? Thanks
 
Back
Top