Need A Good Laptop For Gaming...?

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
Due to the release of xbox360 i need money. I am looking for a gaming laptop preferably with a Athlon 64 or a Pentium. And a high end graphics card. I've looked alienware, voodoo, falcon, hp, gateway, and the only one i liked is the dell xps gen 2. I really liket hat. HP had a good lappy with a athlon 4000 but a really shitty graphics card.

huh?
so you need money but you want to buy a laptop, and you've found one you like already?

maybe im not understanding the question right now...........

You're carrying desktop knowledge over to the laptop world and it doesn't really work that way.

AMD is superb for desktop gaming. Their laptop counterparts suck batteries like a whore with a big-spender. The performance gains are marginal as well. Find yourself a high-end Pentium-M Centrino (2ghz+). They perform well, despite the low clockspeed (Don't be fooled by numbers).

Just this week I got my new XPS gen 2 with a 2GHz Pentium M and 1 GB memory. It smokes through everything I play - HL2, Doom 3, UT2K4, etc - even at native LCD resolution (1920x1200) with 2X antialiasing. So far I'm very happy with it.

bassman

bassman said:
Just this week I got a my new XPS gen 2 with a 2GHz Pentium M and 1 GB memory. It smokes through everything I play - HL2, Doom 3, UT2K4, etc - even at native LCD resolution (1920x1200) with 2X antialiasing. So far I'm very happy with it.

bassman
same here.. I got the exact same xps gen2.. 7200rpm hdd? and yea mine plays ut2k4 at 1920x1200 res just fine ( havent tried doom3 yet) and it kicks ass

XPS Gen 2 here also, I got 2 gigs of mem off newegg.com and also a soundblaster notebook. I love it and would recomend it to anyone looking for a gaming notebook

Back