Need a good browser for W8

Saabjock

Gawd
Which lightweight browser are most of you guys using with Windows8?
I.E10 seems to be exhibiting the same nagging issue for me as I.E9 did in Win7...(i.e... At random times it will not go back to the previous page when selected with the back arrow, unless I first reload the page using the reload button). The computer does not freeze.The webpage just does nothing until it gets reloaded. It can be quite annoying.
Funny thing is I downloaded Safari version 5.1.7 and it works flawlessly every time... though a bit slower. I do not like the fact that I can't individually tell Safari where to download my file to.

Last edited:
I prefer Chrome and Firefox on my Windows machines and Safari on my Macs.

Safari saves to the specified downloads folder to make things easier and I'm sure that's why Apple continues to keep it that way after so many years. I can't imagine keeping track of multiple download destinations with the amount of files I download. I never cared for the save dialog with every download in IE.

Which lightweight browser are most of you guys using with Windows8?
I.E10 seems to be exhibiting the same nagging issue for me as I.E9 did in Win7...(i.e... At random times it will not go back to the previous page when selected with the back arrow, unless I first reload the page using the reload button). The computer does not freeze.The webpage just does nothing until it gets reloaded. It can be quite annoying.
Funny thing is I downloaded Safari version 5.1.7 and it works flawlessly every time... though a bit slower. I do not like the fact that I can't individually tell Safari where to download my file to.

yeah, that's most likely not an IE issue. It's the way the webpage loads ads.

look in the History list.

Certain sites, xda-developers forum for one, the history list grows with ad sites while you're on a single page.

For example:
40324523.png

I was on the forum front page for less than 15 seconds.

Firefox + NoScript, will keep your machine ultra secure. Just make sure you know how to use it otherwise some sites won't randomly function. ;)

Back