Need a good 750-850w PSU for around 75-100$

More capacity won't do anything for you. More efficiency is always nice, but what do you have now? And why do you care how hot the unit is? Is it shutting down or something?

I have a older Seasonic SS-650HT. Like 2008 old.
Its ran hot enough to start melting the adhesives for the sticker on the side of the PSU, but it has not shut off ever. Its probably old enough that it lacks a shut off.
Its not the unit as I have a few of them and they all do the same in the system.

I push the unit 24/7. The system its in is a folding rig that runs 24/7 and I want to upgrade to a 7700 witch will add another 35w to the system.
It runs grate when I'm playing games or not folding. But when it is folding the temps shoot up on the unit. Well over 70c on the outside of the PSU's case.
I'm just too close to overloading it.

list all the components on the system using that PSU including case.. please.

That's not a bad power supply, but a more efficient one could cut perhaps 20W (assuming a 300W load). It wouldn't necessarily run cooler though, it might but that depends how aggressive the fan control is.

If you don't care about warranty and such.

I seen Corsair HX1000 go for $50-$70 and HX1000i around $100 on ebay.

Overkill but whatever.

Last edited:
That looks like a good deal, almost to good to pass up. But the cheap ones I 'm finding seem to be older 80+ units.

You want cheap. What do you expect?

If anything, an older spec Corsair HX1000 80+ Plantium for ~$50 to $70 is a lot for the price. You can't have it all if you are trying to be dirt cheap.

I merely gave an example.

You can easily search for those 750-850W as well on ebay.

I'm sorry that I didn't have one of these for you.

61X-ZdQYsmL._SY355_.jpg

***Edit: I guess Billy Dimwit deleted his post and change the OP to hide his whiny words.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the EVGA Supernova G3 750. Built by SuperFlower and get superb reviews, perfect 10's from Jonny Guru on performance and build quality (9.8 overall score). Going for $105 on Amazon.

I'm a big fan of the EVGA Supernova G3 750. Built by SuperFlower and get superb reviews, perfect 10's from Jonny Guru on performance and build quality (9.8 overall score). Going for $105 on Amazon.

Yeah, that's a great PSU. I own two of them and just got one last week on sale at Amazon for $80 shipped. Keep an eye out for a sale.

That EVGA G1 is a good deal though it's a bit dated. Personally I would(and just did last month) look at the Seasonic Focus Gold and the EVGA G3 lines and get whichever you can find the best deal on.

Corsair makes some good units too but I'm not up to date on them because I've avoided their PSUs after a bad experience, I wouldn't recommend against them though.

Gee... I guess Billy Dimwit caught onto his whininess and delete all his posts and change the OP.

Last edited:
Back