Need a few ROM LED window lenses

PacknHeat

Limp Gawd
I know there's a name for these. The little semi clear LED window that's found on most CD-ROM face plates.

I'm in need 3 or 4 of those windows. Most, I believe, are the same size.
I would really really appreciate if a couple of people, with dead ROMs, could possibly drop one or two in an envelope and mail them to me. That would really be great. :)
I can mail back a $1 if need be.
[email protected]

On a side note, has anyone ever seen the windows that are actually a rectangular LED instead of a clear window? I have an old ROM with a yellow rectangular LED instead of a clear window. Seen them for sale?

Oh! Is lite diffuser the word?

Thanks

ok i dunnoo wtf you mean by windows..

but i have 5mm LEDs which are usually the size on cd roms.

i have them in blue, red and amber.

They are 50 Cents + .37 for shipping

yes they are CLEAR

and ROUND

but i never heard anybody call them windows :D

He's talking about the little shield that you see in front of some CD-ROM LEDs.

I think the technical term for them is diffusers, but I could be wrong... and I've never seen them for sale.

no no lol
The clear piece of plastic that the LED shines through.
The part of the CD-ROM's bezel that you don't want to paint over or you will never see the LED flashing again.
Window :D

Yeah, I'm pretty sure diffuser is the name, I highly doubt they're for sale anywhere, in quantities less than a few thousand in any case.

Rectangular leds are all over, I got some from Radioshack buying a package of 20 assorted leds. Most major electronics suppliers, places like digikey and jameco have some like that. Just looking through Jameco catalog here, pn 104889ca is a bi color rectangular led.

No one here has a bad ROM or stealthed one and can simply pull out the bezel's rectangular diffuser?

Please :)

Back