• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Need a few recommendations

Joined
Sep 13, 2005
Messages
590
Yep, another one of these "what to buy" posts. Sorry...

A friend wants to buy a new computer. I recommend she buy a laptop this time, but the only one I ever bought was the Z61 Thinkpad I recently got my son for school. That's too expensive.

With the roll-out of core 2 duos recently, I figure this might be a good time to pick up a core duo laptop. I'd like to show her a few options. I was thinking:

Toshiba Satellite
Asus
Macbook Pro with XP

The cheaper the better. Good keyboard. No games; just web and Office type stuff. Wireless, of course. I tossed in the Mac to give her the option, but it may cost as much as the Thinkpad.

She doesn't intend to carry it around much, although that could change, so keeping it under 7lbs. is important. 15" screen, too.

Suggestions? Or should I just send her to the Dell Outlet Store for a refurb?
 
Back
Top