Need a few parts for my PC

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by yamaguchi441, May 15, 2019.

1. yamaguchi441

yamaguchi441 n00b

I am running on a build from 2013.

The only thing I have upgraded is my video card 2-3 years ago (I have a Zotac GTX 1070) and my SSD.

I am getting framerate issues while gaming. I’m pretty sure it’s my RAM. Also I’ll turn on my PC sometimes and the mouse & keyboard will be unresponsive but windows will boot fine (all my drivers are updated). I currently have an asrock motherboard (pretty sure it’s a Z87) and DDR3 ram.

I’m looking to get a new motherboard, RAM and CPU and Case.

Budget is max $900 CAD

I’ll most likely be buying the parts from this store: https://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_1207_1205_1505&item_id=123813

Thank you for the help.

2. Spartacus09

Spartacus09 Gawd

Is the GPU and SSD the only thing you're carrying over?
    What about PSU, keyboard/mouse, monitor, CPU cooling, CD/DVD drive (or none)?
    Is the SSD the only storage you will have?
    Planning on overclocking?
    Is there anything you like particularly on cases? looking for lighting, a window, clean look, color preferences?

Personally I would recommend waiting for another month and see what the new Ryzen 3000 comes out with.
    Bang for buck is very promising from the rumors.

TheFlayedMan likes this.
  3. yamaguchi441

yamaguchi441 n00b

My bad...I’m bringing over the PSU, CD/DVD and my 1TB HDD, probably not overclocking but having the option would be nice (I only play overwatch but occasionally I’ll play the graphic intensive game on steam). Would like red LED’s on the case. Would liquid cooling be out of the question?

Thank you