• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Need a easily portable, 5 bay RAID5 solution

CountChoculaBot

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2007
Messages
140
As the title says, I'm in need of a storage solution that is:
1. RAID5
2. Portable in size
3. Has USB or ethernet connectivity to connect directly to computers. Would *prefer* USB3.0.
4. 5 bays (more doesn't hurt)

So far, I'm contemplating this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816111145

or

this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16816216003

The only major difference between them I can spot is that the AMS has a JM393 controller (no idea about the ramifications of that).
 
Sorry for my ignorance, what are the implications of that? And does the cheaper one not have it? I thought they both had identical specs in regard to SATA. Thanks for your help btw!
 
It is twice as fast as SATA 2. Considering that you have 4 drives transferring data you might get better transfer rates. Rates you might not need.
 
Back
Top